This is a total rework of my entry for the dynamic payload contest
. I focused on eliminating the total open feel of the map. This improved optimization as well as fps (of course). I also eliminated some long sight lines for snipers (not all, snipers are people too). As far as the dynamics are concerned, I have them listed below. Having the verbose HUD on when you first play is good to get the in game text to help with game play. After that it is easy to play with the less verbose HUD.
1. Ability to change tracks while playing. Blue needs to shoot the arrow switch to change tracks.
2. A draw bridge that needs to be lowered so the cart can advance.
3. Ability for the red team to blow up a section of track to stop the cart. Blue needs to fetch 2 pieces of repair track to repair the track and advance the cart. This is a passive element. Teams can agree not to destroy the track, and moved pieces closer to objective.
4. The cart is blocked by a stolen cart on a turntable. Blue has to move the cart to turn the turntable and advance the cart. Changed this to a wood cart because people were confused with the stolen cart idea.
5. Blue takes the cart up an elevator to another level of the map.
6. Blue has to move the cart down a lift operated by the crane to the final point. Added a second func_tracktrain to make the movement smoother.
7. The lift mentioned previously can by controlled at the cart, at a remote location, and at both locations at the same time. The numcappers show up on the HUD perfectly. Got rid of this, it did not work correctly. I have a version that works the way I want it to except the HUD flickers. I am trying to fix it for an upcoming project.
8. Blue needs to get passed a Boss in the form of a rotating laser emanating from the final point. Blue needs to shoot at it to destroy it. Ammo hits from Red affect it too. Got rid of this nobody liked it. The end is a rocket silo and the rocket takes off. I had this in another map long before SD came out.
9. Roll back zones.
Things to do:
1. Find a good rocket engine sound
2. Lots of other stuff.
*Oh ya, if you haven't download Joiner yet, do so!, It,s awesome. Saves a lot of time in detailing work inside rooms etc.*