FURNACE CREEK RELEASE CANDIDATE
Gametype: 3 point attack/defend capture point
Scoring mode: 1 point per capture point captured
Authors: Wade "Nineaxis" Fabry, Tim "Youme" Johnson
Contributors: Snipergen, Void
A Gravelpit style map with three points, BLU must capture A and B to progress to C.
Recommended config file
Revision History (DD/MM/YY)
Release candidate released 23/05/10:-
* Fixed hole in clipping at blue spawn.
* Adjusted certain lights to remove bright areas of red colour.
* Removed a few more vis problems.
* Fixed various playerclipping issues
* Restructured tunnels from A to C and from B to C into one three way tunnel connecting all points.
* Minor detailing tweaks.
* Added an aditional two rubber duckies for keen eyed players to seek out.
Beta 4 released 21/08/09:-
* Increased overall spawn times.
* Reworked tunnel from C to A to open closer to the capture building.
* Added an extension in a tunnel from C to B to facilitate a forward base from blu.
* Added an extra set of stairs up to the point at A.
* Added oil drums for cover on B.
* Increased length of RED's spawn exits and changed glass to wood.
* Increased number of signs.
* Fixed minor playerclipping issues.
* Player ragdolls now ignite upon death by solar-array-energy-beam
* Added 5 hidden rubber duckies.
Beta 3 released 24/06/09:-
* Reduced height of the tower dramatically.
* Moved crane on the B building out of the way of rooftop players.
* Increased the height of the ceiling playerclip at C.
* Greatly improved playerclipping.
* Increased danger of straying in the focus of the mirror array.
* Detailing improvements over entire map.
* Increased distance between cap point A building and the rear cliff.
* Slightly adjusted spawn timers and capture time at C.
* Added team ownership based spectator cameras.
* Slightly decreased intensity of sun glare and slightly increased light levels.
* Fixed soundscapes.
* Miscellaneous other tweaks.
Beta 2 released 10/05/09:-
* Fixed scoring method, thus fixing tournament mode.
* Fixed .res file containing incorrect information.
Beta 1 released 10/05/09:-
* Detailed the entire map.
* Changed indoor stairs to cap C for improved ease of use.
* Slightly adjusted cap times and respawn wave times.
* Incorporated custom models from Snipergen and a texture from Void.
* Updated menu photos and created a quicklist thumbnail and accompanying .res file for servers.
* Implemented lightmap grid optimisation.
* Minor miscellaneous other changes.
Alpha 3 released 26/02/09:-
* Adjusted spawn timers slightly to aid balance.
* Upped capture times to aid defendability.
* Moved red spawn slightly further backwards.
* Added glass into windows at one entrance to C from A.
* Added cover to one entrance to C from B.
Alpha 2 released 10/02/09:-
* Renamed capture C to C
* Increased lighting in all indoor areas.
* Added more health over entire map.
* Increased cap times to closer to Gravelpit's (A/B longer, C faster).
* Unified red's spawn into one building and move it slightly further from C.
* Enlarged entire C area, making the building more open.
* Extended B building slightly providing more space inside and underneath as well as opening up the windows to allow shooting in/out easier.
* Opened up B's roof to be rocket jumped onto.
* Adjusted spawntimes so red take slightly longer and blu slightly less.
* Added A B and C indicators on HUD.
* Slightly shrunk the A arena.
* Reworked paths between points slightly.
* Moved blue's spawn so that (with only one door) they can see both exits.
Alpha 1 released 04/01/09:-
Copy "maps" and "materials" folder into your "tf" folder. Press "okay" for any warning messages.
-All members of TF2Maps.net