This is the 4th Beta.

Key author Jolly (Jakob Jakobsen) Fragger

Game type: Single stage payload.
Players: 10-32
E-mail jakobxbeer@gmail.com

fastDL mirror (thanks to DontWannaName)
"http://topnotchclan.com/server/maps/...age_b4.bsp.bz2"

BUG LIST - list of KNOWN bugs.

When the cart hits the third controlpoint the annoncer says that the enemy has added time,
but the blu team hear it that way too.
(this bug doesnt have any effect on the time or on the gameplay)

The map size is quite big. If anyone have an idea how to fix tis please comment.

install: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\"username"\team fortress 2\tf\maps"

If you find any bugs pleas comment/E-mail me.

Jakob.

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Instead of making a new thread for each version, you can update your old threads with new download links and information.

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
This looks really nice, get it into gameday sometime! If not, join the TF2M chat room and ask for it to be played, I want to try this out :D

Also sniper lines!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The first screenshot looks a little long without any cover near the cart. A good sniper could probably delay the push for a while before getting taken out.

The second screenshot looks really easy to sentry camp, what with the massive amounts of cover on the higher elevations. I could be mistaken, but it seems like it'd be hard for anyone to take a sentry down behind the buildings.

The third shot also has a long sightline under the arch.

The fourth shot has no cover whatsoever near the cart. That, and RED is given a height advantage and more massive sightlines to abuse. Once the cart reaches the entrance to the tunnel, a demoman could easily stop any progress.

The fifth appears to be another angle on the third. It looks like there's some very barren areas around the arch that are begging for something to break up the sightlines. The water seems a little out of place too.

I'm hoping that if six is a spawn you have that window facing an out of bounds area. Demomen and soldiers look like they'd be able to spam rockets and grenades through the window.

Jolly

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2009
My you got put onto a terrible download mirror. Even my server gets 20 kb/s.

Scratch that, 6 kb/s...

Found a hidden 2nd mirror: http://vincentsweb.com/fpsbanana/maps/219/pl_cottage_b4.zip

and if you want you can just use my fastdl as a mirror in the US: http://topnotchclan.com/server/maps/pl_cottage_b4.bsp.bz2

This is awesome! But when i insert anyone of these 2 links then it just gives me:

"The requested URL /topnotchclan.com/server/maps/...age_b4.bsp.bz2 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

if you have any way to fix it please contact me.

In case this is just a broblem for me, I will insert it into the Dl field for now. If it doesn't work the old link is in the description.

Last edited:

DontWannaName

L3: Member
Jan 12, 2009
Ya its just you, probably your browser. Its ignoring http:/ it seems. The map was cleaned up a bit, but it still needs larger spawns, better balancing for red and blue, people still get stuck in blues second spawn, and blue has no access to the top area by the first point. Only red can get up there and only for the first point or so, but they can still scale the side of the building to get there or take a tele.

Jolly

Jun 7, 2009
Ya its just you, probably your browser. Its ignoring http:/ it seems. The map was cleaned up a bit, but it still needs larger spawns, better balancing for red and blue, people still get stuck in blues second spawn, and blue has no access to the top area by the first point. Only red can get up there and only for the first point or so, but they can still scale the side of the building to get there or take a tele.

Ok I fixed the download now. I tested your link on my friends computer I don’t know why but it didt work there either. Anyway I made new link from my dropbox folder.

MarshalN

Dec 19, 2010
I've played this map quite a few times now on No Heroes' Payload Extreme server. Some thoughts/comments...

The map is nice, I think, and I like the last point where it's possible to hold out for a while but not so hard to cap that BLU never gets it. The problem with the map is with the second point, where 3-4 engie can make life absolutely miserable for everyone on BLU. Three strategically placed sentries pretty much can hold down the point, especially if you've got one or two good pyros who can blow people away.

A suggestion I have for making it a little harder to defend is to take away the 200 metal in the tower (make it a small metal, maybe?) -- that makes it a lot harder to build multiple guns on the top very quickly (or rebuild quickly). I think that might make the point harder to defend without compromising the map itself.

Also -- the doors for the first red spawn traps people sometimes. The same is true for the door going up the left tunnel into the last point where it slides open -- I was just trapped there today by the door when it opened and I was on the side where it moved to.