Bad Mapmaking Cliche's

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Bah, the computers under the glass are obviously servers to run the base, accessible for the maintenance crew.

Just 'cause you can't use your imagination, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Just 'cause you can't use your imagine, doesn't mean it's wrong.
Quoted for truth! I have no problems with the computers under the floor after all, you don't want anything to touch the fragile equipment that might upset it, you know, like a stray rocket....

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Excuse me then, last time I checked there were server and server cabinet props... :p

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Used plenty of them too.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Holy !@#$. I don't know what's worse, the map, or that it has a rating that high.

T

The Asylum

You know that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where the Nazi's faces start melting off of their skulls?

This is would be an appropriate time to post a .gif of that, if I had one.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You know that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where the Nazi's faces start melting off of their skulls?

seconded. I'll get round to rating that one, I'll actually give it a play first though.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007

FaceMelt.gif
facemelt.gif

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Lol I bashed that map when he posted it and this is what he had to say:

MightyThor:
Thanks for the insults on Koth_rainbow. I appreciate the lack of thought you used to provide no help and drag down the rating. I also appreciate your ability to repost worthless feedback to deter others from trying the map. I know plenty of people who enjoyed playing this on the TEAM ROOMBA server with 32 people, and the map deserves better than a 1.3/10 for the amount of work done on it. Please stop flaming for no reason.

Also, I enjoy the simplicity of biosphere. Fun map, even though it is a bit bland.

I replyd with my usual rant, than he again

MightyThor
You're a complete jerk. Did you even play the map? Have you even spoken to someone who has played the map in a full game? The map isn't meant to be fun for someone who walks into it and plays by themselves. And the texture work isn't mean to be complex, its meant to be ridiculous and full of rainbow themes. I don't understand why out of all the maps you could badmouth, you think that koth_rainbow deserves it over every other. You probably didn't take the time to read the detailed readme, which outlines my thoughts when creating the map. However, you took the time to spread your hate.

P.S. dm_biosphere has NO class balance, you moron. Maybe i should call that a bad map because of that? Or maybe I should look past it because of the beautiful scenery and the fact that i had fun playing it on a full server?

PS: I am ashamed of biosphere now tbh :(

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Well Sniper we've know for a LONG time that talking to a "fun" mappers is like talking to a wall. they don't care about anything that has to do with gameplay or aesthetics... just the "LAWLS!!111" about it all.

Corion

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
34? or 37?. Maps which require you to press keys which are not bound by default, including "+use".

This is especially confusing when it's not indicated.

T

The Asylum

33. Not adding func_respawn brushes so if you switch classes in your spawn you have to wait 20 seconds to get back in the game

THIS

Oh god THIS.

Of all the other valid reasons, this one makes me want to strangle the creator of those orange x maps the most

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Filename: koth_rainbow_b4

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MAP IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO EPILEPTIC SEIZURES OR EXTREME MOTION SICKNESS!

He should add: Or if you even have eyes.