WIP - cp_tower

Vicenti

L2: Junior Member
Jun 22, 2008
get it + screenshots here: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/57745

this is my first map, so it's bound to have lots of things to improve

i haven't spent hardly any time on details; just brushwork and gameplay-relevant proppage

hints tips and unsubtle nudges welcomed :)

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
There are about a hundred maps named cp_tower...

Looks good so far, but you need to find another name.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Sorry to say, but the top down style of gameplay gives a huge advantage to the top team (think its red) ... you need some blue only ways up or something...

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
not to be unfairly mean, but this map wasn't very fun to play at all. The already stated red advantage, and the huge map, were major causes. Most people were running around trying to find a cp screaming "WTF WTF where is the right cp!!!"

Suggestions:

Make the map smaller and more simplified. now its like a vertical maze. an ideal layout would be to have 5 distinctive floors, each with a cp on them. that way people can figure out where they are going and not be lost/ useless

Add arrows, everywhere that someone may get lost.

fix your HDR so the cps don't blind us all to death, and light areas properly

Try and not have so many areas where red can "fall" down to the next floor, and save time. that is one of the main reasons BLU is at a disadvantage

Your at a good start, but your map needs Lots of work before people will have fun on it.

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
I actually hurt my eyes when I walked into a pure white room on this map. No joke. Hurt really bad!

Vicenti

L2: Junior Member
Jun 22, 2008
thanks for the input all :)
i've got an idea or two that should fix some of the unbalance problem