Rules for Map Submitters:
• The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, proper spawns, not fullbright, etc.
__The purpose of this testing is to help authors refine their designs, not catch newbie bugs.
• Filename must be versioned. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, not ctf_example.bsp)
__Do not rename a bsp after compile. The vmf must be renamed before compile.
• Filename must be all lowercase. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, not CTF_Example_A1.bsp)
__Our Linux servers don't work with uppercase names.
• Map must be in development, finished maps do not require testing.
• Map may not use a point_servercommand to alter any variables.
• Map must be designed for standard play.
__This means no melee, class restricted, too small for 24 players, or otherwise gimmicky maps.
• You may NOT reserve a submission without a download.
• If an author has more than one map they want tested, they must be submitted to separate days.
• Non-compliance with rules will result in rejection of the submission.
• Exact Map Filename (ctf_example_a4)
• TF2Maps.net file ID number, OR url to offsite download.
__BZ2 compressed files are greatly appreciated to save time for the host.
__May not be a hosting site like mega-upload (wait times, codes, excessive ads, etc).
• TF2Maps.net discussion thread number.
__The scheduling system uses this number, I need it, not the post number.
• If your submission is a single stage out of a multi-stage map, please mention this. (orphaned stage)
• If you are a donator with upload abilities, please say if you have already uploaded the map.
• A time extension may be requested for mature non-arena maps in need of fine tuning (this includes orphaned stages).
• A specific time slot: Available time & your time zone.
__Only use if you aren't available for the whole testing period and wish to attend your map.
• Would you like the SourceTV demo of the test?
__These are automatically recorded at all times so there's no need to ask any more .
• First come first serve, until the 2 hour period is filled.
• Maps will get 30 minutes playtime, KotH gets 20, Arena and orphaned stages get 15.
• Last map can exceed the limit so long as the testing starts within the 2 hour period
• You can keep the same TF2Maps.net file number by clicking edit on your file's page and then simply putting a new file in the upload box. This makes it easier for you (don't have to update all your links), easier for me, and less clutter on the site. (picture)