Custom Guitar Stuff

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
EDIT: Rudimentary knowledge of electric guitars will be extremely beneficial for anybody trying to help me!

Recently I've become interested more and more in music and specifically electric guitars. So I went out and got one at Christmas, I'm still only meh, but it allowed me to start my next project... Building my own electric guitar with a custom body and custom pickups. I've ordered all the electronics and hardware I'm going to need for this guitar and here's where I need a little help. I'm going to be using a custom H/S/H pickup pattern on this guitar and I was wondering if it would be possible to wire a standard 5-way CRL switch in a non-standard way.
Normally the switch would be wired as
Bridge
Bridge/Middle
Middle
Middle/Neck
Neck

I would like to have mine be wired for
Bridge
Bridge/Middle
Bridge/Neck
Neck/Middle
Neck

Thereby eliminating the middle single coil, I know this wiring is possible with a Megaswitch S-Model but I am uncertain if it is possible to do this custom wiring with this more standard switch.

The wiring diagram I am using for everything but the switch is located HERE

Sorry if I'm a little confusing or anything, just ask if you would like some clarification. Any help given will be rewarded with a thanks ;)

Terwonick

Aug 25, 2010
Bump because of PROGRESS!
I didn't include the switch wiring i talked about before, but I finished my guitar and here's a picture.

Deagle_guitar.jpg

and my custom pick made out of pick-guard material because I couldn't find any "real picks" I think it gives a more "hard-edge" sound than a regular pick would.

I will be posting a sound recording of it about in maybe an hour or so.

Last edited:

Terwonick

Aug 25, 2010
THIS is a sound-clip (like promised), of my guitar which I fondly call the "Deagle" I don't actually know what I played (I just picked a tune flying around in my head and figured out how to play it) if you guys know what song this is from I'd be eternally grateful!

More clips later, comment on this one please!