Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
LeSwordfish
semi-trained quasi-professional
 
LeSwordfish's Avatar
 
LeSwordfish is offline
Posts: 2,458
Thanks given: 1,129
Thanks received: 2,007
Blog Entries: 2

Default Engie Rocket Jumping


Remember that the wrangler's auto-aim and range boosting make it shitty to fight at long range, let alone from a poor defensive position.

__________________
--- pl_crusoe --- mvm_sundown --- Portal Buttons ---
---Adopted map --- Pacific MVM --- Original Portal mechanic ---
--- The Pacific Pack! --- Dark Heresy: Lost and Gone Forever ---

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
Aly
Unpronounceable map names since 2013
 
Aly's Avatar
 
Aly is online now
Posts: 1,996
Thanks given: 1,666
Thanks received: 2,346
Blog Entries: 1

Default Engie Rocket Jumping


Nucleus. Nucleus has the spot above the interior rooms which you can wrangle jump to and then get a view of the entire middle area.

It's not overpowered, the huge disadvantage to the wrangler is you can only be focusing on one person at a time. Soldiers and demoman can easily take it out.

Stop worrying about the wranger and just do nothing, seriously. 90% of the time an engie won't even try to get up there, the other 10% it won't be gamebreaking, and if it is, then you don't have enough flanks or cover, and that's the map's problem, not the sentry position.

__________________

 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
Aki
L3: Junior Member
 
Aki is offline
Posts: 155
Thanks given: 14
Thanks received: 4

Default Engie Rocket Jumping


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarry H Sruman View Post
Why did you ask for advice if you're just going to refuse to follow it?
Advising someone to cop out isn't advice.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
EArkham
Veteran Member
 
EArkham's Avatar
 
EArkham is offline
Posts: 866
Thanks given: 666
Thanks received: 668

Default Engie Rocket Jumping


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki View Post
Advising someone to cop out isn't advice.
Blindly following a mantra like "never use nobuild" isn't map design.

Nobuild is a tool, not a cop out. It's meant to be used. I don't know if it's appropriate in your map, and I don't care. I'm saying don't be scared to use it because you keep hearing not to use it, or because you think building on a 1 HU clip on the side of a cliff or in the out of bounds area is a "map secret."

__________________


 
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EArkham For This Useful Post:
Reply  

Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.