[WIP] CP/CTF? - Hunted

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Apparently? Proof?

I'm not a liar. I figured you'd appreciate a heads up.

Sirveaux

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2008
Hunted remake progress

Hey guys... so I don't want to start any crap here but I'm the guy that Schwa referred to who has (more or less) finished a Hunted remake.

I looked around the net for people doing this already and didn't find anyone outside of some guy who was doing an entire mod around it (and the last progress reported on that was sometime last year I think). So since it is clear that Valve isn't going to do a direct Hunted remake I thought I'd give it a try.

You can find some screenshots here.

I've stayed pretty true to the original; there are some slight changes in layout (e.g. the ruins are a little different) but the major connectivity is the same.

I have the class restrictions in place. Currently a medic carries the intel, the other classes are restricted to soldiers, hwguys and demos. The purpose of the inclusion of demos is to balance out the lack of a 5-sniper limit on the assassin team; we'll see in playtesting how that works out. Obviously I'm still in a beta mode so changes could be made to this. I felt pyros would be redundant to the role of HWGuys for this map.

Voogru, I understand you already have some entity ideas, and I'd like to hear about the things I maybe haven't figured out (like how to strip the intel carrier of all weapons except melee without turning cheats on and back off, or how to prevent intentional dropping of the intel).

When the map has gone through some testing I'll make it available for an open beta.

Edit: I made a new thread about this here, so I'd say if you want to discuss my version specifically probably it'd be better to move that over there.

Last edited:

Rehsa4

Mar 7, 2008
Apparently? Proof?

I'm not a liar. I figured you'd appreciate a heads up.

I said I haven't seen anything and will go ahead with my plans anyways. I would love to see shots if there were anywhere, and now I see them and am pleased, ^_^

It's nice to see another hunted so far along. I am going to continue with mine and what I was planning, and now I can be more creative in how everything works in it as well as areas I've been wanting to add and more.

I'm not gonna worry about pushing too much into mine on rushing it. and making it into something I can more show off as "me" instead of a complete remake.

I do like what you've done with a lot of it and took me a few seconds to identify the different areas. The brush work is really solid, but for being so far along, i would expect as much.

Rehsa4

Mar 7, 2008
this project is on the backburner for me at the moment, have a project I would rather work on that's original. I will still continue this one but there isn't as much haste for it since a near completed one is around the corner.