WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I can understand blocking out in nodraw, but blocking in nodraw, THEN applying dev textures? What?

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
More 72hr goodness

656EEC9202E978D5E0D6DE75F5CFF573C553FDD5

Quite like the look so far :D

DarkApollo

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2012
2012-06-30_00001.jpg

Ok, a few things... This is WAY early beta.. Sight lines.. are.. well... a snipers dream. You can almost hit the whole map from the base. The entire land scape is 4 brushes. 4. I am currently adding a LOT of trees to block the view, add cover, and a lot of ambiance. The textures are repetetive, yes, this will be fixed at a later date. Had this up on the clan server yesterday and tested out the game play. It flowed decently well after we got done playing who can snipe who from the corner of the map.
The bases arent there really. Those are just respawn rooms and a little sniper nest. There are a few ways down to the ground level, jumping is not advised as it is just high enough to cause damage. This may be changed later as well.

I dont even know why Im posting this, after looking at all of the awesome work you guys are doing, mine looks like.. well.. garbage.. :unsure:

T

The Asylum

When it works (apparently it's.... tempermental)

Actually it only "breaks" when Valve introduces new weapons that use new entity names (ie tf_weapon_sniperrifle_decap, tf_weapon_rocketlauncher_directhit, etc).

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Actually it only "breaks" when Valve introduces new weapons that use new entity names (ie tf_weapon_sniperrifle_decap, tf_weapon_rocketlauncher_directhit, etc).

I did not know that.

But it re-affirms that you do some really weird stuff in your map.

T

The Asylum

Sure I guess I could let Medieval Mode handle the bulk of it, but winning teams getting their weapons back is a gimmick that I just haven't the heart to drop.

T

The Asylum

Nah, its to be expected. I suppose I've kind of pidgeonholed myself into the funmap genre, and so far my attempts at actual maps (you know, ones that you play actual TF2 on), haven't gone all that well.

One of these days I'll make a real map that gets everything right. In the meantime, however, I'll just let raw creativity take me wherever it may.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
Ok, a few things... This is WAY early beta.. Sight lines.. are.. well... a snipers dream. You can almost hit the whole map from the base. The entire land scape is 4 brushes. 4. I am currently adding a LOT of trees to block the view, add cover, and a lot of ambiance. The textures are repetetive, yes, this will be fixed at a later date. Had this up on the clan server yesterday and tested out the game play. It flowed decently well after we got done playing who can snipe who from the corner of the map.
The bases arent there really. Those are just respawn rooms and a little sniper nest. There are a few ways down to the ground level, jumping is not advised as it is just high enough to cause damage. This may be changed later as well.

I dont even know why Im posting this, after looking at all of the awesome work you guys are doing, mine looks like.. well.. garbage.. :unsure:

You'r doing it wrong son !