Curve is a payload map with a slight twist. It has one extra control point compared to basic Valve maps which makes it have longer track. There are also couple of obstacles on the track that are moving away once the cart is pushed near them. Plays just like normal payload map!
I am working on pl_curve_rc4, cleaning it up, adjusting the small things and adding still some details and enhancements.
Due to TF2maps forums mess and rollback, i lost some of the changes i did but i'm hoping i get those back soon. Mainly the posts regarding RC2 and RC3 versions. That's why there is a gap between RC1 release and this message.
I have Release Candidate 4 nearly done. I should have it ready tomorrow and hopefully after some weeks testing, i can call this map done. RC4 contains fixes and changes so it's still subject to change but as far as i'm concerned, it shouldn't have any major flaws anymore. Of course the changes need to be tested, which is why i'm conducting some tests in the coming weeks.
Also posting changelogs that Frozen dug up (Thanks!) from the lost forum (which got lost due to some mess). So RC1-RC3 changes are here and RC4 changes coming tomorrow with an updated shots and download:
- Changed upper root from D to E
* Removed the later-to-be one-way door
* Added drop down hole (soldiers & demos can jump back up with rockets, stickies, grenades)
* It is now more direct way then before
- Sealed off lower sideroute past B with a wall
- Added slowdown to roll-backwards zones before and after CP A
- Added roll backward zone with slowdown to small uphill before B cap
- Improved clipping - no more bumping to some spots
- RED spawn 3, removed the blocking door from other spawnroom which activated at certain spot. It is now always operational
- Repositioned some health packs and ammopacks
- Added 2 new arrows for RED near spawn 2 to tell which way to go
- Added some additional props near B and near E
- Fixed couple props fading too early
- Fixed displacement sew error, that was showing an empty space in some spot of the map
- Changed route near B (left side) to be slightly more smaller and faster to use
- Changed shortcut to C (door next to B) to open only after C has been capped. Previously it opened when B was captured.
- Changed shortcut to D to be more near the last BLU spawn instead of circling around by going left. The route now opens after D has been capped (previously opened after C capture)
- Changed D-E area so that there is now one route less at right side (as seen from BLU side, left side from RED view)
- Changed the last RED base door on left (as seen from RED side) to close only after BLU reaches to second mine cart (2nd dynamic element) instead of closing right after D capture
- Changed one-way door near D to close only after BLU team reaches to second mine cart (2nd dynamic element) instead of closing right after D capture
- Changed RED spawn time on D capture from 10 to 8 seconds
- Clipping fixes, some remaining curves, window frames, walls, beams and such are now less bumpy.
- Added new small room near D (punctured just one wall) and moved ammo box inside of it. The room also contains a view forward through fence.
- Added new small ammo & small health boxes near D
- Added new room near E for RED containing medium ammo and small health
- Widened doorway between C and D (exterior inside route)
- Numerous miscellaneous fixes and tune-ups. Both visual and not-so-visual
- Fixed the last BLU spawn lower door from opening when RED team went near it
- Fixed the pit from having nodraw surfaces under it's edges and re-aligned some displacements near it
- Fixed generator sound playing after explosion (near moving minecart #2 at E)
- Fixed last RED spawn door from opening after D point capture (only when RED player went near it, sound was heard)
- Fixed one surface from having seethrough effect (nodraw)
- Fixed grass growing through concrete by alphapainting displacement under it (i wish func_detal_blocker would exist in TF2)
- Added some more clip brushes to prevent bumping into small corners/walls/etc
- Added some more detail, wooden beams and changed couple of wall textures
- Nodrawed some last remaining surfaces in the map and optimized it here and there to more compile friendly
- Adjusted point capture time from 4 mins 30 seconds to 3 mins 30 seconds
- Adjusted initial round time - now 30 seconds less than before when setup gates open
-- Map is now more competitive than before
- Adjusted some brush faces so that textures are properly aligned
- Adjusted some brush sizes so they fit better into the TF2 world
- Adjusted props and models fade distances
- Disabled some shadows from some props
- Improved lighting in some areas
- Slightly changed D to E sideroute that previously opened when D was capped. It is now always open and easier to navigate
- Removed smoke-effect from moving minecarts. They now only have sparks from wheels during movement
- Fixed several lighting issues on static models
- Fixed spawning issue on BLU 2nd base on one spawn point, now the spot is more player friendly
- Fixed light coming through a wall after B capture area
- Fixed the roll-backward zone added in RC3 to work properly (so it actually rolls backwards)
- Fixed end pit, so that stickies will stick on the round circle instead of going to the edges
- Aligned some textures so they look more natural and switched couple of textures
- Improved lighting on BLU starting base
- Improved general layout of BLU base outside area
- Moved some RED base spawnpoints from one side to the other near the ending pit spawn area
- Moved D capturepoint a bit forward, making distance between the C and D point a bit longer (affects now more to gameplay)
- Closed route at last pit area on left side (as seen on RED view)
- Added a closing door to end pit area near the closed route. It is always open untill D point is captured. Then the door becomes one-way only
- Added fences to the last pit area
- Added more lights on some areas of the map
- Added more nobuild zones to some staircases and ramps
- Added more details and improved clipping along with the detail additions
- Added block bullets texture to the house ceiling located after B point. Without it, players could cause damage to the players fetching the medpack on the second floor
- Added a balcony near the BLU base exit that opens when A is captured. That balcony also has ammo & health which were removed from the basement floor
- Added ceiling to balcony near last pit area
- Changed ammobox sizes and healthbox sizes on some areas
- Changed 2nd minecart area to be more player friendly and nicer looking.
- Nodrawed some surfaces that were still visible
I have been playtesting this extensively within the last weeks. There are still couple of things that disturb me and i haven't found a good solution to those yet but i will. I have also located couple of bugs. One being that the last CP won't have time to announce the ones who capped it before the explosion occurs. This i will fix and the others so there will be RC5 and if there are no further issues that bother me in it, i will release that as pl_curve and make it to be the final version of this map.
After a 3 months of silent period, which i used to gather information and load my own batteries, i present pl_curve_rc5. I'd like to thank communities such as UKCS, NO HEROES, Pelipurkki and others for their valuable feedback on this map. Thank you!
Changes and fixes of pl_curve_rc5
- Renewed RED first spawn area. It is now better and cannot be exploited by engineers
- Changed upper route at right side after C point, as seen from BLU view. Sentries can no longer block the area completely.
- Added exit leading to lower level on last RED spawn area. Helps RED to get out of the base while BLU opponents spam/aim/whatever at the other exit
- Added some more visuality. Props and cosmetic changes, fine tune-ups and similiar things
- Fixed a lot of minor issues such as texture alignements and small things
- Fixed payload cart explosion, it now occurs at later time and awards individual cap points correctly
- Fixed players not dying at the bottom of the gorge near end pit area
- Fixed the shed roof near BLU first spawn. It's now tad higher so players wont magically teleport on top of it while riding on the cart
- Fixed one case of window frames from being non solid
- Fixed "train stoppers" from having invisible edges
- Fixed pyros able to burn through BLU 1st spawn windows
Hopefully this will be the release before going final.
Took me longer than expected to get this out but things happen. However, changes are below! Now i dare say it, Final!
Changes from pl_curve_rc5 to pl_curve
- Added bot support to the map, nav file is included with release
- Fixed the last point to show who captured it (for real this time)
- Fixed the round not ending and cart not exploding in rare cases
- Fixed few slightly hovering props
- Nodrawed few remaining surfaces
- Rearrenged and replaced some textures to make them look better
- Made some lamps non-solid so players wont bump their heads at them while jumping
- Minor cosmetic tune-ups in the displacements
- Adjusted a bit the aumbrys depth which is located between first minecart event and C-point.
- Optimized lightmaps little more
- Other minor general fixes
I seriously recommend every server for updating to the latest version to avoid bugs and to enjoy map more, as it plays smoother than ever. Thanks.