KotH Gastrointestinal

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
In a strange faraway land there lies a deep, deep forest. It is said that those who dare venture far enough among the ancient pines shrouded in myth and mystery may come across an old wooden bridge, under which there lies a little pond, filled with the most peculiar water. For you see, whoever drinks from this pond receives the gift of lethal gastrointestinal infection.

So anyway this is my attempt to take on Psy's Highpass and hopefully not fuck up every aspect of it. This is based on his B version, which I've retextured and added an underwater route to but otherwise left pretty much unchanged. I'll playtest it and see how it runs, but it looks really promising so hopefully I can go into proper re-detailing pretty soon.

Also I know Bloodhound is working on Highpass as well. I claimed it first and then he asked if he could work on it too and I said yes. If we both end up finishing our versions and they're still awkwardly similar, I guess I'll just have to rename mine koth_highpass_noob.

Oh, yeah: Psy made almost everything on this map which is made by Psy and Psy therefore probably made all the good parts on this map whch was originally made by Psy, so if you see any part of the Psy-made map that you like it's probably made by Psy and you should congratulate Psy on Psy's effort. I hope that's enough credit.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Sorry at work so can't try out the map yet...

Those buildings on either side of the cap point - do they have a player clip or sky on them?

I'm really starting to like the sticky jumper weapn and would like to do a superman leap from one side onto the cap point :)

Deodorant

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry at work so can't try out the map yet...

Those buildings on either side of the cap point - do they have a player clip or sky on them?

I'm really starting to like the sticky jumper weapn and would like to do a superman leap from one side onto the cap point :)

Thanks a bunch in advance.

I added a download link now, as well as fixed a few little things that had been bothering me. The buildings are playerclipped, because letting Demos and Soldiers stand on them would probably be very unbalanced.

Deodorant

Oct 31, 2011
Updated with a new version, still called a1 because I didn't think of changing the name until I had already compressed and Dropbox'd it, and I figured that it probably wouldn't be a problem since I never entered the first version into a gameday.