KotH lithp

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Completely different from previous versions of koth_lithp, but I'm keeping the name anyway until I decide on a final name further down the road.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2010
Played your map today and I'm pretty sure I left this in feedback, but I wanted to make sure you saw it. The spawn room needs to be changed in my opinion. It seems like it takes awhile to work your way out of it, and when you finally get out, you're not exactly in the best location. People like to get back to the action as soon as they can and fighting your way through spawn can really hurt the fluidity of the game.

Zwiffle

Jun 24, 2008
Updated to a2 -
Lighting overhaul
Spawnroom + Door changes
Bottom path, side path + roof changes
Some detailing
New screenshots

Zwiffle

Jun 24, 2008
a4-
Layout changes -
Map squished
Middle changed
Exits reduced from 5 to 3

Pretty big layout changes. People didn't seem to like how big the map was and wanted to see it more focused and smaller, so that's what I attempted to do while maintaining rooftop combat. Hopefully I can get it tested during Gameday or an impromptu sometime to see if people like the changes at all.

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
You could add more signage indoors, as it feels a bit maze-like without them.
Good that you removed the back area, which was pretty unused during play. And I really like the visuals.

Zwiffle

Jun 24, 2008
Completely changed the layout in a5, it's not even the same map really. It has a much more traditional layout now. If there are any playtests of this map, I'm looking for primarily how the layout feels. Previous versions were too large or too small, but always felt unfocused. This version should fix those complaints I think.