WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
bloravt.jpg

It's been a long time since I posted there. Doing a small artpass on blorav.

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
bloravt.jpg

It's been a long time since I posted there. Doing a small artpass on blorav.

How did you achieve that grit and such around the drains? is it an overlay of sorts? It looks fantastic regardless, I can't wait to see the rest

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I was looking at that and thinking, what overlay is that even? Is it just a bunch of overlapping smudges or... oh wait it's the muddy tire tracks from Coldfront isn't it. Jolly good, what. Honestly now I kind of want to line every wall/cement floor intersection with that, to match the inevitably grimy bottom of the wall.

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
Very WIP koth map. I've only made part of the point area so far but I don't plan on texturing the rest.

jmQfpDZ.jpg

aMorak0.jpg

Anyone know of any bell models? Like those big ones they have in churches and stuff.

Gunnysack Man

L1: Registered
Oct 16, 2014
Still doing some Japan content pack detail studies until I figure out what game mode I wanna stick with. Not sure if I want to incorporate some more modern japanese themes into this map yet, so atm it's sticking to the feudal era.

I thought the semi-finished product of this Red building looked pretty neat so I snapped a few shots during a test.

J4oamy1.jpg

GvevY2C.jpg

I had originally planned for that center area to be a koth point but I'm not sure anymore. I'd really like to do a ctf map.

EDIT: Huuuge thanks to Aly btw. Been using Suijin as a reference here and there and it's been helping me a ton. Once I release this map (whatever it ends up being) I'll be sure to include you in the thanks :)

Last edited:

Dragonisser

L1: Registered
Jul 12, 2014
Uninspired name: cp_desert xD

2014-10-21_000018oi1d.jpg

blue = blu base
red = red base
orange = desert hills
grey = neutral
blue under controlpoint = cliff

:)

Last edited:

Dain

L3: Member
Oct 21, 2009
I've been tearing my hair out over the layout of this. I think I'll just continue on with the current design basically intact and just get an a1 out as soon as I can so that I can work on real feedback rather than a thousand imaginary mappers yelling at me about this sightline or that sentry spot. Perfect is the enemy of good, and all that.

That said, heres a annotated screenshot. It's the 2nd control point on the 2nd stage of a 3stage CP map (like Dustbowl). Dotted lines (usually) mean underground or under the visible brush. What do you think?

CECw66m.jpg

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Definitely worth a playtest, but I'm thinking you might be able to delete that middle chunk with the CP and glue the two remaining pieces together, then move the CP on that upper level.. it really depends how big the area feels because it's hard to visualize scale without playing the map.

The sightlines look pretty promising to me.. I see lots of fun angles other than those two green lines for snipers to pick on each other from.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Work on koth_Backwoods continues:

zejEir4.jpg

BnlVlaY.jpg

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
That animation is a thing of beauty.

Fantaboi