April Foolsday the 4th: Electric Boogaloo - Weds, April 1st [ALL DAY]

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
YXrHQ6z.png

Iiiiiiiiit's heeeeerrreeeeeee. The 4th Annual Foolsday Joke map gameday! A little late, so you got like 2 weeks to do something, but don't worry! We'll grab stuff from last year... and the year before that... and the year before that...

If you guys would like, we can have the maps up on rotation for all of April 1st on the US server and the EU server. I will be able to host some events during the day, but not ALL day. I will, however, be available all day if any major issues occur. Depends on what you'd guys like, so let me know. If you have the ability to change maps and manage the server, awesome, you're welcome to do so. Just let me know when you're free.

Where:
TF2Maps.net Official US Server: 70.42.74.31:27015
TF2Maps.net Official EU Server: 91.121.155.109:27015
Gameday Host: Fr0z3nR + You!

When:
Well, whenever really. We'll have the maps up all day and I'll do various 'announcements' to bring people if numbers dwindle. What time works for you guys for the 'big' event?

Map Packs: GRAB EM ALL!
The 1st Year's Maps (.rar)
The 2nd Year's Maps (.rar)
The 3rd Year's Maps (.rar)

Rules for Joke Map Submitters:
• No serious maps for actual testing
The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, spawns, and playable. I'l be running through the maps beforehand so dont just make dumb and unplayable. Make them dumb, unplayable AND FUN
__Do not rename a bsp after compile. The vmf must be renamed before compile.
Filename must be all lowercase. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, not CTF_Example_A1.bsp)

__Our Linux servers don't work with uppercase names.
Map may not use a point_servercommand to alter any variables. (Say in the PM if you would like me to disable crits/change the gravity etc)

Submission Format:
Send me a PM (I want the maps to be a surprise) with the following:
• With the title: Joke Map Submission
• Exact Map Filename (ctf_example_a4)
• TF2Maps.net file ID number of our onsite hosting, OR a DROPBOX url. Please no mediafire or megaupload or anything besides our site hosting or Dropbox.
__BZ2 compressed files are greatly appreciated to save me time.
__May not be a hosting site like mega-upload (wait times, codes, excessive ads, etc).
If you are a donator with upload abilities, please say if you have already uploaded the map.

Information
• First come first serve, no set timelimit on the event so submit those maps
• Maps will get switched out of if boring (BEWARE! The RTV will be enabled!)

This years rotation:
arena_boombastic
arena_boxx_b1
arena_chiron_tl34_a1
arena_freefall
arena_grappleknife_a1.bsp
arena_harvest_spooky_a1
arena_has_manor_a2
arena_monumental_a1
arena_nebula
arena_toastierroast_a1
arena_bomberman
arena_doge_72_event
cp_dust_joking
ctf_bouncefort_a1
ctf_2fort_merged
ctf_confine_a2
ctf_teutanic_a1
ctf_trainfort
ctf_turbine_pisstaco
helpit666
koth_insomniaplusboredom_a8
koth_kittens_final1_rc1_b1_a1
koth_monolith
koth_traindeath
pl_badwater_rainy
ctf_eggwar_b1
koth_foolsgrid
pl_badwater_tilt
plr_orbit_a1
koth_crypts_a1
koth_trainsawlaser_pro_rc1
koth_trainsawlaser_rc2
koth_wubwubwub_remix

(And thank you to iiboharz for making the banner)

Last edited:

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I just noticed you guys are still using my event copypasta that mentions megaupload, despite that site being dead for several years.
This:
The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, spawns, and playable. I'l be running through the maps beforehand so dont just make dumb and unplayable. Make them dumb, unplayable AND FUN
is what gave it away to me.
I mean, those grammatical mistakes haven't been fixed in four years.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I just noticed you guys are still using my event copypasta that mentions megaupload, despite that site being dead for several years.

The megaupload bit I added in myself today. I just used it as an example of what not use because I'm silly.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I'd like to document all the maps on the official wiki. Because dumb. Feel free to help me out.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The wiki needs more custom map love in general. Filling it with joke maps is an excellent idea that will surely only serve to strengthen relations between our community and theirs.

Yes.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
The wiki needs more custom map love in general. Filling it with joke maps is an excellent idea that will surely only serve to strengthen relations between our community and theirs.

Yes.

Well, they kind of pulled down ours (and other communities) wiki pages as to not show favouritism because 1-2 trade-community admins got too huffy.

I'm not happy with them, and totally keep meaning to talk to them again about putting ours back up.

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
Got something great planned for this. But darn, editing fully detailed maps strains my pre 2000 system :D

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
You kids just wait and see what I'll cook up! It'll be horrible! on purpose! (rather than on accident like my other maps.....)

Oct 6, 2008
Just in case - I am reserving the name 'Death Pit 2000' ahead of time :p

Oct 6, 2008

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
So, my first map is gonna turn out to be a (purposely) badly made april fools map. Great.

I'm calling it Extra Cheesy's 10 000 Trials of Doom

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013