Furnace Creek

CP Furnace Creek rc

teck

L1: Registered
Jul 30, 2009
this map is well put together but caping points is almost imposible unless you have a lot of pyros, heavys, or a scout

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
this map is well put together but caping points is almost imposible unless you have a lot of pyros, heavys, or a scout

I definitely disagree it takes more organization to defend.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The defense spawns are too short, its too easy to defend.

*cough*you're wrong*cough*

Too hard to defend more like. not that that's going to change dramatically.

EDIT: that said if you're not playing with a standard 12v12 pub style it could well be much harder to attack.. make sure your players know the map.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
played a pug on thisjust now with some of the 2f2f, mangy, FM, connect four amongs others.. we didn't have too much problem getting to the end at all.

Cerious

Aug 10, 2008
I'll be using this map for that TF2M69 thing - is there any possibility of an rc coming out before 8/7 (friday) so I can use it immediately for the match, or should I just stick with b3?

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Floating spawn room door slider wheel (SRDSW). What is it with these things? Am I the only one seeing them?

cpfurnaceb30009.jpg

You can build a dispenser here, then build a teleporter on top of there, then build an SG in front of their spawn (before the visualizer, of course). I'm not sure you know, but it might be considered a bad thing by most when the map hits pubs.

cpfurnaceb30011.jpg

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
You can build a dispenser here, then build a teleporter on top of there, then build an SG in front of their spawn (before the visualizer, of course). I'm not sure you know, but it might be considered a bad thing by most when the map hits pubs.

cpfurnaceb30011.jpg

Ever played Gravel Pit? I heard its a kinda old map and it has a similar bug [/sarcastic]

Radaka

May 24, 2009
It really isn't a problem. Even if red does build a sentry there it'll just get destroyed within half of a minute. Sentries around the points where you have teammates hanging around are more effective anyways :p

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
*cough*you're wrong*cough*

Too hard to defend more like. not that that's going to change dramatically.

EDIT: that said if you're not playing with a standard 12v12 pub style it could well be much harder to attack.. make sure your players know the map.

I think its funny when you ask for comp feedback, and then don't listen or try to fix the problem. Since beta1 comp players have been telling you to change the spawn times, and they never got changed. Sure it might be fine for 12v12, and nothing is wrong with that. BUT when you ask for feedback b/c you wanted to make a comp Gpit style map, then simply tell us we're wrong, you are hurting yourself. Good luck getting your map played in comp.

Maybe you should just release a final right from the get go if you don't like feedback.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I think its funny when you ask for comp feedback, and then don't listen or try to fix the problem. Since beta1 comp players have been telling you to change the spawn times, and they never got changed. Sure it might be fine for 12v12, and nothing is wrong with that. BUT when you ask for feedback b/c you wanted to make a comp Gpit style map, then simply tell us we're wrong, you are hurting yourself. Good luck getting your map played in comp.

Maybe you should just release a final right from the get go if you don't like feedback.

He is still asking for feedback hes not sure what to do about comp play he wants to test it first, Dont be such a dick you dont have to play this map.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
Floating spawn room door slider wheel (SRDSW). What is it with these things? Am I the only one seeing them?

cpfurnaceb30009.jpg

i hate those too:cursing:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
AFAIK those are just part of the model... it seems the modeler assumed the doors would always occur in areas of low ceilings so that the little garage-door motor is bolted to the ceiling brush.

It could be fixed by having a wooden beam project out to anchor it, and then use an 45-degree angled beam to help "secure" the thing. There's a certain prop (light on REDs outside base on 2fort) that has a similar architecture.

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TqPgLoKXg8"]YouTube - Furnace Creek Introduction Video[/ame]

Thanks Icarus!

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Cool, but not really needed. Its not really a new gametype or anything, same concept as good old G-Pit.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I don't follow your logic. Maps can't have more than the bare minimum?

Why include menu photos? Why have mission directives? why have a .txt? Why name the CPs, heck, or even bother to detail the map?

If you can, why not? It makes the map that much more complete.

Last edited: