Texture Hydrolands Skybox

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Here is mah first skybox texture!

It is based on hydro's color scheme so that's why it's named hydrolands, but looking at it twice makes me realize how unalike it is :p

The download file contains a skybox folder you should extract to your materials folder

It also contains the vmf with the light entities.

If you use this in your map please credit me so i wont cry myself to sleep. After all, i am a credit to team

OH HO HO HOHOHOH

edit: just realized the pics dont show much lololol

hydrolands3.png

Jindo

L3: Member
Aug 6, 2009
Very nice texture!

As said, it gives a really great morning feel to the test maps in those screenshots. It fits in with the other TF2 skyboxes very nicely and I look forward to seeing this used in the maps still to come.

Keep up the good work!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So I was already building a small map to test the Sniper stuff and figured I'd pop this in. Always room in this world for one more skybox, right? And... well, I am in awe. This actually does a better job of concealing where the "corners" are than many of the official skyboxes do! Which is awesome. Well rendered too; fits the theme of TF2 nicely. And including the light_environment info was helpful too.

Definitely wanting to use this now.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Very nice skybox. Sadly I 'bined the hydro themed map I was working on, but I'll definitely keep this skybox in mind as it is very nice. Great work on the colours, especially those around the sun.