Screenshots

Cpc 

Map Version:  
Released: 11-18-2009 
Last Update: 12-03-2009 
Chaopsychochick
L3: Junior Member

Default Cpc

This is a new map that I have begun working on. I am hoping to have taken the many things I have learned from ctf_bayou, and be able to make a good map.

Cpc is a temporary name until I can decide on something that is more appropriate the the map.

The map is a ctf variant, where there are two flags per side. When one of the flags is picked up, the other disappears until it is returned or captured. The objective that I had in mind for this map was to make a ctf map that had less of the choke point issues that many ctf maps have. So, that is why I have multiple flags as well as each flag is not very far within the enemy base.

The map will eventually be detailed in a mixtures of a hydro/spytech and a snowy/alpine theme.

If anyone has any thoughts, comments question, please let me know! I have learned a lot from people telling me what I have done wrong, and I would love to continue doing so.

Changelog

a2
----------
*MORE TRAIN!
*Made B a little harder to access
*Made A a little easier to access
*Added basic texturing

a1
----------
*Initial release

Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Tinker
Veteran Member

Thanks given: 100
Thanks received: 325

That's a rather interesting idea, and I can't wait how it turns out - I hope this makes the teams switch from offensive to defensive all the time, which it should. Good idea!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker For This Useful Post:

Old 11-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
gamemaster1996
Shinobi

Thanks given: 1,346
Thanks received: 131

Yes i too would like to see a team which co-operates with eachother rather than the usual tf2 shennanigan of every man for himself, this gamemode style i think will make that possible .

The Following User Says Thank You to gamemaster1996 For This Useful Post:

Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Dr. ROCKZO
Off Topic VIP

Thanks given: 87
Thanks received: 159

Sounds like King of the Hill with Flags. Dominate the Flag.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. ROCKZO For This Useful Post:

Old 11-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
strangemodule
L4: Senior Member

Thanks given: 149
Thanks received: 59

You should keep the name CPC and have animated versions of your avatar laughing every time someone takes the flag.

But anyway, I'm interested to see how this turns out. I like the architecture so far, but in the 3rd screenshot, is the intel in a dead-end room? That usually doesn't end well in most games.

The Following User Says Thank You to strangemodule For This Useful Post:

Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Chaopsychochick

Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 90

Strange, the A intelligence is in a room that is similar to the 2 fort intelligence. There are two routes into and out of the room, the second is off to the right and off screen.

I am glad to see that this has a positive response so far. Hopefully, I can get a play test arranged sometime in the not too distant future to see how it plays out.

But yeah, what people have mentioned for game play possibilities is exactly what I am hoping to achieve with this.

Oh, and I am curious about some peoples thoughts... I am thinking of making a train run through the center of the map, on the bridge in the first screen shot. Just to further add to the mayhem.

Also, strange I had a similar idea that could be something fun for when the flag is capped. I noticed that someone copied over the Saxton Hale comics and put them into texture format, so my thought is that when the intel is capped there is a board on each side, and for each cap, it puts a comic up on the wall.

Though I am also thinking that some sort of doomsday weapon that goes off when all the flags are capped could also be fun. Thoughts?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
MangyCarface
Mapper

Thanks given: 1,733
Thanks received: 1,257

Layout looks entirely more solid than bayou, good progress in that regard

The Following User Says Thank You to MangyCarface For This Useful Post:

Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
strangemodule
L4: Senior Member

Thanks given: 149
Thanks received: 59

Ah, that's what I figured CPC. I'm kind of wary of a 2fort-style intel room, seeing how easily engineers camp it (then again, that may be due to a resupply room not far from their spots).

As for map events, those would be cool when the flag is capped, but you'll need to make them relevant to the map, as well as make sure they don't crash the map if the amount of captures required is set higher than normal by server options. Regarding the train, that always spices up things; trains are frequent in cp_freight and it's the most popular competitive map (maybe not just for the trains, but I hope you see what I'm saying).

The Following User Says Thank You to strangemodule For This Useful Post:

Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Aly
Unpronounceable map names since 2013

Thanks given: 1,666
Thanks received: 2,348

Yay map from Chao.

Looks quite interesting. I like the idea of the two flags, but I guess we'll see how it turns out in gameplay with tests.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aly For This Useful Post:

Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
Chaopsychochick

Thanks given: 73
Thanks received: 90

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

And that is a good point strange, I had not even thought of that. I will be sure to take that into consideration for anything I do for special stuff on flag capture.

Also, I think I have to agree, trains do tend to be fun. Now I just need to figure out how to include it... Fortunately there are nice tutorials to guide me! ^^

Comment  

Previous Release Next Release
Release Tools