Alaska

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
That overlay going over rails is still there, even tough people been reporting it trough all alphas and one beta of the map?

Poor zpq is getting old and forgetting things. :p
Not that i mind, with age comes quality.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Great use of areaportals and layout to keep rendering down. More areaportals that are really needed but they aren't causing adverse effects (which they often do when over-used).
[02] Is there a reason for the sprites floating here? I never would have known they existed if I hadn't turned wireframe on since they are impossible to notice and people won't be hanging in spawn too long anyway.
[13] Nodraw

Looks great, the buildings are well made and sufficiently detailed. The issue I have is the concrete buildings at the center of the map - usually the clean concrete lies at the back of a map behind the "normal" stuff, where the spytech/bases are located. It feels strange having it backwards.
I'm glad you settled on the winter alpine theme.
[00] Bring the wall in 2 units to meet the beam.
[01] Ceiling tiles don't belong on a skinny piece like that. (see: dropped ceiling)
[03] Squished sign.
[04] Big non-solid things are ugly.
[05] Pull the rock back behind the front of the beam.

[06] Why have you put clips around crates that are already solid?
[07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [14] Some frames that could use clips. Also a lot of your clips are steeper than 1:1, which should be the absolute minimum, usually longer is better. With your steep ones you still tend to catch on the edge even though you slide off.

Last edited:

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
NNNNNNNNNECRO BUMP. Nearly a year's worth of necrobump right there.

Working on a release candidate/final beta as we speak. I wanted to know, does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do with the underground area? My creative energy for that bit has dried up more than a server count after changing to Hoodoo.

Jokes aside, it hasn't changed theme, so no worries there, I'm also redetailing bits of it, as my skill level has improved somewhat in one and a half years. Expect something soon, maybe. Unless I get bored, in which case expect it themed like Badlands.

jakbu

L1: Registered
Jun 21, 2012
Someone has Beta 5 version on HDD and wants to upload it? Cause the link broke and last version I have is b2.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
That overlay going over rails is still there, even tough people been reporting it trough all alphas and one beta of the map?

Poor zpq is getting old and forgetting things. :p
Not that i mind, with age comes quality.

Looking back at this thread after two years, i have come to conclusion that this has to be most cringe worthy post i have ever made.