Clocktower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
This is my entry for the comp. CTF contest. I made the map very small and semi-open for fast action. The game mode is invade ctf. There's a neutral intel in the middle of the map and the objective is to place it in the enemy base.

In my map you will cap the intel instantly, but if an enemy is standing on the point you'll have to take care of him first (like in the a/d ctf maps). The intel returns to the middle pretty fast (10 secs) and spawn times should be fast too. (about 5-8 secs).

The map will feature the alpine theme.

(If the name is taken, I'll change it in the next alpha. Couldn't find anything on this site or on google.)

Special thanks:

-Shmitz for the intel base models.
-Acegikmo and Ravidge for the lighting and environment galleries.

Last edited:

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
I was aiming for a tiny map better suited for 6v6 or 12v12. But if tests prove it to be a bad idea I'll add more to the base :)

tanuki

L1: Registered
Aug 8, 2009
lightning must strike the tower at the end of the round...DO IT

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I recommend player clipping above the spawns. It's a very unfair position as soldiers can just look over the ledge and blast any unsuspecting enemies to smithereens, and that's pretty much everyone. The map seems to also have all areas constrained to a radius of 1024 units, which is the range of a single sentry gun. One gun can pin down almost all paths.

Shadow Monkey

Super Monkey
Jun 7, 2008
Great style ;)

But the gamplay is too fast...plays more like deathmatch instead of ctf ;) if you would move your spawns like

respawnmove.jpg

^-- this, it would be better...stil fast, but not deathmatch.....if you can't see what I mean in the pic: Move the spawns behind the Capture Zone ;)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Don't do that. Move the spawns, but don't force enemies to run past them.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
I'm probably going to add a whole new section to the map. Thus making the intel much easier to get.

I hope it'll work this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.