Screenshots

Intrude 

Map Version:  
Released: 02-10-2010 
Last Update: 02-10-2010 
PenPen
L3: Junior Member

Default Intrude

Hey hey! This would be my second map now. Hopefully it'll have a better run than my last one.

This is the idea from this thread which is applied to a map. You can say this is an experiment of sorts.

Basically, the map's premise is a single-CP attack/defend map, and red cannot respawn (technically, they do but they appear behind that glass wall you see in the screencap, which is off-bounds).

Given this disadvantage, I'll have to balance things out a little bit more. I hopefully designed the map in red's favor, blu really only has one way of getting to the CP. In addition to that, the play time of 2 minutes means that blu will have to make their pushes count. The 30 second setup time additionally means that blu will not be able to fully charge an uber for their medics.

Feedback would be appreciated!

Changelog

No changes yet.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
honorum646
L4: Senior Member

Thanks given: 235
Thanks received: 66

Uhm, the lights don't really match, but that's not really important.. But, they are leaving a funny glare on the roof.

The Following User Says Thank You to honorum646 For This Useful Post:

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
PenPen

Thanks given: 46
Thanks received: 68

Yeah, the lights are mostly placeholders. Once I spruce up the map with non-dev textures I'll work on the lighting. For now, this will have to do.

Will submit this for this weekend's gameday and lag up the EU server with my awesome godly ping.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
StickZer0
Do the fisty

Thanks given: 1,623
Thanks received: 570

It's very small, but considering it's your second map and you're going for an Arena A/D style, it should be alright.

It looks like red could very easily lock down blu's spawn - make sure it has at least two exits that are in different places so Red can't just spawncamp one.

..................PL_Brook..................|..................CTF_Mexico...............|.................KOTH_Canada.............

The Following User Says Thank You to StickZer0 For This Useful Post:

Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
PenPen

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping that the current setup allows red to have an advantage first to hold onto the 2 minute mark. So, eventually blu will make past the spawn area. But if I need I can make a second spawn door or additional entrances to red's building in the next version. I guess I'll have to see how it plays in gameday to make that decision.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Trotim
Veteran Member

Thanks given: 1,065
Thanks received: 954

I am sorry I missed/will miss your map today... good to see you actually used the concept and tried to make it happen, though!

The Following User Says Thank You to Trotim For This Useful Post:

Old 02-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
PenPen

Gameday bump. I don't think red has survived one round except for the time where someone found out that teleporters can be built inside the jail.

I'm still thinking of getting red's respawned folks some way of getting involved instead of just standing there. The original idea was to make a bomb on the point which can only be triggered from the jail. But getting them back into action isn't so bad after all, seems like.

Oh and ABJ if you're reading this thread I think I missed your point, you meant to make the respawn time longer so that red won't be locked up?

Old 02-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
honeymustard
Veteran Member

Thanks given: 79
Thanks received: 272

I don't think the game mode works that well to be honest, as I said in game it seems like the preferred class to be would be engineer which would obviously cause the blu team to stack medics and demos.

The Following User Says Thank You to honeymustard For This Useful Post:

Old 02-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
littleedge
L1111: Clipping Guru

Thanks given: 223
Thanks received: 565

It would be better if you simply gave RED less of a height advantage from spawn and just a really long spawntime.

8:41 PM - π Okrag: Besides, you probably only tried to hug her to see if the clipping was right

The Following User Says Thank You to littleedge For This Useful Post:

Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #9
PenPen

Yeah, it still needs tweaking. I'm thinking about a way for the guys in jail to break out or be involved if I'm not moving the spawn time around.

Thanks to everyone involved with the testing of a1.

Comment

Previous Release Next Release
Release Tools