Usine

Cauet

L1: Registered
Feb 23, 2010
Factory

Hello everyone,

I present you a new French map : pl_Usine (Edit : pl_Factory now).

This map is a 3-rounds map, round A is in beta version, and the other rounds will come soon.

In the start of the first round, the little wagon is empty.
The goal of round A and round B is to attach to this little wagon a dispenser and a bomb, then you will have a ful bomb cart.
To attach the dispenser or the bomb, players have to stay on a control point (the point C).

I hope you'll enjoy to play with this map,

Cau3T. :)

PS : Thank to LBC team for his help.
http://www.team-lbc.fr

Last edited:

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
Looks nice

I think you should disable the shadows of your tracks, they looks strange

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
I think, detailing wise, there are way too many props just "thrown" around. I think it would look alot better if some were removed. Great start though - good job.

Frush

L2: Junior Member
Jan 8, 2010
So the first stage is in beta and you havn't even started on the other two?

Cauet

Feb 23, 2010
I've already started the round B and the round C.

Round B is almost done, but not the round C...
By the way, we could see parts of the round B in the images.

Cauet

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks to Deloras and Absurdistof, I remove the shadow under the track. Now the track don't look strange.

Mr.Blob : I've removed some useless pipes in the roof to have a room that seems bigger.
But for the other props, it's difficult to remove them because I think they are well integrated in the map, and there aren't "intruders" in the map.
Maybe you can precise what kind of prop do you not want to see ?

Absurdistof : I don't really understand what you mean by "regulate the light color". For the inside of the factory, I've tried to keep a white lighting, like powerfull light (halogens, xenon light, etc...). For the outdoor, I've tried to keep the outdoor real ambiance, with sodium light (orange) (in France, we have an outdoor lighting which is orange).
I've added in some place blue and red lights, blue near blu spawn and red and the last control point.
For lighting and shadows, I've tried to keep in mind that in all place, we have to easily reconize the player team... so even under blue lights, a red seems red, not purple... and even in a dark place, we can easily see the player (if he's not an invisible spy !)

For the lighting, I don't compile the map with HDR, because it's very difficult to obtain the same lighting than without HDR... I'll do it when I finish all rounds...

Edit :

You can see some place where the reflexions aren't matching.
I try to correct it by moving the cubemap entities.
So it'll be corrected as soon as possible !

Last edited:

Cauet

Feb 23, 2010
Hi everyone,

The beta 2 version is released, it contains Round A.

To have a better name, the map isn't pl_Usine, but pl_Factory.
Because Factory plus some french is Usine...

I've tried to take account of maximum feedbacks, and I thank all "feedbackers".

Cau3T

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Cauet, I've given you feedback on the french site, but in case, I'll add some here :

Mainly you map suffers from a lack of direction. ON the first round the blu team neither
*understood it had the control point to cap to end the third part of the stage
*found out about the flanking grate

So even after some strong pushes that allowed them to take the second check point, the action seemed to roll back to entering this big room. As explained on my other post, the spawn exits all around this place create a big feeling of unsecurity for blu and don't allow some identifiable front to form up, people are launched directly into action and it creates a big mess, I don't mind it, but things can get difficult.

From easiest to most tedious, my advices
* add signs and dynamic ones to mark what's open and wha'ts to do
* add distinction to the gameplay grates and the decorative ones
* find a way to avoid the gameplay "roll back" between the second and third objectives... this capture point should extend the path the attackers are taking