Achievement idle or not

p0p-dog

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2010
Achievement and Idle item acquisition map. This version has a capable central point. building a teleport to outside the main room gives access to a water area for water achievements, as well as two secret areas for each team from the roof.

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
garh, another idle map :facepalm: Why does this ppl doesn't map Normal maps and why they make Idle? :(

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
TF2 doesn't need more idle maps.

It's not a get famous quick scheme, it was done once and it can never be done again.

Please contribute something valueble to the community like a real map.

chickenm4n

Nov 27, 2009
don't listen to them, pop-dog. they don't know what they're talking about.

hopefully valve will see this map and make it official [/sarcasm]

T

The Asylum

At the very least, add some goddamn lights. People already have acheivement_idle on their comps, why would they want to DL some other knockoff and wait, when they could already be in another idle map and be idling already?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
you mean cappable right?

not capable, I don't see how a control point can be capable of anything

Frush

L2: Junior Member
Jan 8, 2010
I don't see the point of idlemaps. Is there a reason why you can't just load up dustbowl, for instance?

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I don't see the point of idlemaps. Is there a reason why you can't just load up dustbowl, for instance?

Idle maps have a trigger_hurt in the spawn area so that sitting in a server for 3 hours without dying doesn't mess up their player stats.

p0p-dog

Feb 24, 2010
ah go suck on a lemon. I bet none of you have played a game on it. This idle map provides interesting gameplay for those who aren't idle

Aug 10, 2009
If you want interesting gameplay, actually make a fun map. I would be incredibly surprised if someone wanted to play a fullbright idle map.

If you wanted to make an actual tf2 map, you'll find a lot more support here fore you.

Also, as for fun idle maps, IcyEyes' map idle_arena_inferno(?) is still the greatest idle map of all time.

iOffline

Jun 27, 2009
Firstly I have to say that I don't idle but couldn't care less if someone does.

Now, saying that, I saw this map running on a full 32 player server so thougth I would take a look after seeing this thread.

Sorry to say this but it actually "plays" worse than it looks. I have been with friends on a few of these types of maps to melee or the like but this one really takes the cake. It is simply a few walls, two (per team) spawn rooms onto floors that do damage and a no-entry to this area that can be built through.

There just isn't a single thing in this "map" (if you can call it that) that does anything at all to interest me. There is nothing worth looking at, the lighting doesn't exist and the gameplay at zero.

I think that actually giving this a shot gives me the right to say that this is the worst map I have ever seen anywhere...

...yet it still had a full server. I don't know what to say about that.