Texture Nodraw Textures (not eyemelting)

Jan 20, 2010
I'm fairly certain most of us like to do our first blocking of a map with the bright yellow no-draw texture to save time later. Personally, I was amazingly sick of looking at that godawful yellow and I also tend to get a headache from looking at it for too long. So, in like 3 minutes I made 3 new Nodraw textures in cool blue, soothing green, and homey tan.

They're all usable as nodraw just the same as the bright yellow one, so use them as you want. They also help to distinguish certain geometry from each other (say the floor from the wall from the ceiling or however you'd like.)

Download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4222914/NewNodraw.zip

Should only need to extract it to your tf folder.

Also, if you want a certain color, let me know. It's easy as shit to make.

And, thank you to a certain awesome person who knows who they are for telling me how to do this. :D

Last edited:

awatemonosan

L1: Registered
Sep 21, 2009
yoursire.jpg

Jan 20, 2010
This is kinda why valve invented dev textures <.<

Not the same thing. Dev textures I still need to go through and nodraw places that touch and aren't seen (unless I'm unaware of some magical property of Dev Textures, which might be the case.) This way I can block with nodraw without my eyes running away screaming and texture with regular textures or dev textures after I finish.

Either way, it's useful to me. Might be useful to others as well, so I shared.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
When you are all done with the dev texture stage of mapping you can just go to the material browser, check "only used", then mass-replace any remaining dev in use with nodraw. Prior to that it really won't make noticeable difference on performance if there are hidden faces drawn.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Not the same thing. Dev textures I still need to go through and nodraw places that touch and aren't seen (unless I'm unaware of some magical property of Dev Textures, which might be the case.) This way I can block with nodraw without my eyes running away screaming and texture with regular textures or dev textures after I finish.

Either way, it's useful to me. Might be useful to others as well, so I shared.

Just replace all of the dev textures with nodraw. It's a good idea, but kinda overshadowed. Also, dev textures show-up in-game, which is helpful.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Then don't autopack. In my experience autopacking causes more problems then simply adding the content yourself. I do it manually all the time and I've never had problems with Pakrat.