PIPEBALL Pipeball Classic

T

The Asylum

Get the menu photo here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5007

NEW AND EXCITING!

On the first day, Asylum created Pipeball, and it was good.

On the second day, Asylum created Super Pipeball, and it sucked utter fucking shit.

On the third day, totally not like Coca-Cola in the 80s, Asylum created Pipeball Classic, and it will hopefully be good.

"So why remake Pipeball?" You may be asking. Well, the original Pipeball was all well and good, but it was mired with typical Hammer-amateur problems. It didn't even have areaportals :O. That and, well, it looked pretty bland. And Pipes. Dear god did it ever lack long round pipe-like things.

This update takes the best of Pipeball and Super Pipeball, and then some. Notice the expanded netting behind the goals?

Ah yes, Pipeball finally has pipes, or something that could be described as vaguely pipey-like.

So it's basically the same layout as the original Pipeball, with the same dimensions and a facelift

Of course, you'll remember from Pipeball that falling into the goal would kill you. In Super Pipeball, falling into the goal would not kill you- it'd teleport you to the ball return chute, and THEN kill you, leaving your ragdoll to slide down for all to see and laugh at.

Wanna' see what happens to goal-faller-intoers in Pipeball Classic? Of course you do.

Charming. Also note Super Pipeball's scoring system is in place.

PIPEBALL CLASSIC FUCK YEAH

======

Pipeball Classic features:

- Pipeball's super-short Setup timer
- Pipeball's original layout
- Super Pipeball's First-to-Three-Goals scoring system
- Super Pipeball's lighter, kill-on-contact, BLACK BALL replacing the standard ball in the event of a 2-2 tie
- Super Pipeball's forced respawn upon goal scored

New in Pipeball Classic:

- Expanded goal nets
- Open sides in the middle ground that players/ball can fall over. The ball will be transported back to the dispenser pipe. Players will die.
- PIPES PIPES PIPES AND MOAR PIPES

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Asylum

It's hiding in the back in the last screen.

One of them, anyway....

Fenderic

L1: Registered
Dec 9, 2009
this looks very interesting!
would love to play it on a server or see a video of gameplay.

T

The Asylum

I've got it now on my previously all-Checkpoint server If anyone wants to check it out/goof around with freinds

209.247.83.59:27015

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Make another pipe and coat it with trigger_nostickys (or whatever it is). Demomen shoot a sticky in one end, and it comes out at the destination.

T

The Asylum

WHO WANTS NEW PIPEBALL!?

SURE YOU DO!!

pipeball_classic_b10000.jpg

Ah yes, the skybox is filled out and everything's been all prettified-like

pipeball_classic_b10001.jpg

No escape. No not-pipeballing. Final destination.

CHANGES FROM A1

- Actual skybox yay
- Surrounding area has been filled in, so it's not half a river/drainage ditch/whatever floating in space
- Re-clipped the support beam holding up the middle fences. No more lollygagging behind them for you pal
- No, I don't hate BLU. I just didn't notice the lack of a full healthkit behind their goal like there was supposed to be
- the trigger_teleports around the out of bounds areas have been tweaked, so the ball will only teleport back to the ball return pipe if the ball really does go OOB

T

The Asylum

RELEASE CANDIDATE TIME YAY

pipeball_classic_rc10001.jpg

The new awnings above the rinkside spawns

pipeball_classic_rc10002.jpg

pipeball_classic_rc10003.jpg

Better Spytech

And last but not least,

pipeball_classic_rc10006.jpg

Appropriate, no?

CHANGES FROM B1

- Added awnings over the side-rink spawns
- Fixed some texturing issues in the spytech areas
- Added MOAR STUFF to the inaccessible spytech rooms
- Added an icon to the game_text_tf that would warn players of the Black Ball's lethality
- The Black Ball now has an appropriate logo on it ;)

T

The Asylum

Before anyone mentions it, yes, I am now aware of the black ball able to fly over the boundaries and underneath the map.

T

The Asylum

Update time

CHANGES FROM RC1

- Made both balls a little heavier, so they don't fly around quite like they used to, allowing for more control
- Adjusted the trigger_hurt brushes inside the canyon, so your framerate won't suffer as horribly as it did before
- Fixed the issue with the black ball being able to soar over the trigger_teleport brushes and break the game
- Oh yeah, and added superficial stuff to the spawnrooms

T

The Asylum

WELP after months of playtesting I think it's about time this went final. If anyone has anything to say or want to see, speak now or forever hold your peace.