cp_Alpine_industries_a1

C00Kies

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2009
Hay everyone

This is my first map I have put up and plan on finishing.
It is a 5point cp map (like granary) except all I have is Red's base and the ruff layout of the mid point:facepalm:. I plan on getting Blu's side up but wasn't shure if there was a better way of doing it instead of just copying red's side and rotating it 90 degrease (because doing so crashes my Source SDK). So this is the basic layout only set up for someone to play by themselves and just looking around and i suggest being red. The texture displacements might be a little messy Im still getting use to it.

So please give me some constructive criticisms and any ideas you have.

I hope the download link works

Thanks
have fun

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
To build cubemaps, type this into the console:

Code:
sv_cheats 1
mat_specular 0
buildcubemaps
mat_specular 1
disconnect
mat_reloadallmaterials
sv_cheats 0

First screenshot: I quite like this idea; I hope the lower spawn exits won't interfere too much with the capping. I see that small health on the desk above, and I think that players might have a hard time reaching it. Try putting it on the floor behind the chair.

Second: I'm not sure if the Hydro barriers fit well in an office building :p Also, your stairs seem too big; make sure they are 12 units deep by 8 units high.

Third: Some displacements look unsewn; take care of that. From what I can tell there's only one ground path to the point: the stairs on the side. That route can easily be blocked by a sentry, so add another ramp on the side or something to lessen the choke point and give the attackers momentum.

Fourth/Fifth: the mid is REALLY open, which is usually a bad thing. Add some height variety or something to break the sightlines. Oh, and the platform under the cap is way too thick; put the point on the bridge itself and use overlays to mark the cap zone.

Sixth: That lightbulb spam doesn't look pretty. Reduce the number of lightbulbs, maybe add a spotlight or two and it should be good to go.

Damn this is a long post. For me, anyway.

Nov 14, 2009
I see Seba covered cubemaps.

I DLd and took a look around. Your map has an identity crisis. The first, and second points seem made for 5-cp. The last one (middle?) is obvious CP. So, without further ado, I present, in beutiful mat_picmpaps -9 technicolor, my complaints with your map!

cp_alpine_industries_a10000.jpg

What are these doing in the air?

cp_alpine_industries_a10001.jpg

CUBEMAPS!!!!!!!

cp_alpine_industries_a10002.jpg

You abselutely need a spawn room. It is no fun to just spawn in the open. On that note, there is no chance of BLU not capturing the first point, considering that they spawn literaly next to it. Make it a true A/D map, and give red some setup time. And pull the spawn back.

cp_alpine_industries_a10003.jpg

Weird shadows/lack thereof

cp_alpine_industries_a10004.jpg

These are physically impossible to climb. Just frustrating.

cp_alpine_industries_a10005.jpg

TPG says that this is a no-no prop

cp_alpine_industries_a10006.jpg

Seams

cp_alpine_industries_a10007.jpg

Why is this nice room off limits?

EDIT: To set up the map correctly, try ABS prefab pack. Just copy and paste!

Last edited:

C00Kies

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2009
Grim, this is going to be a 5 point map (in intro) just got to copy over the reds base and change it to blue. That nice room is reds 3ed spawn and ill fix those points in the air

thanks for all the input

Last edited: