koth_stonecircle

Watterman

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2009
RED and BLU have both found a mysterious stone circle nearby their respective bases, and as with all things that are near to their enemies, each of them wishes to control it.

An Alpine themed KOTH map by Watterman

I kinda threw the lights in there and I forgot how to make announcer work :facepalm: but am mostly looking for some feed back on this first map that I have published

Thanks!

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
a first map.. marked as alpha, has lighting and shows team color...

I'm in love =)

*comments off screenshots*

the map looks a little too open tbh, middle being the most.
Also a lot of those rocks aren't touching the ground =p
will have to see how it plays

Watterman

Aug 16, 2009
a first map.. marked as alpha, has lighting and shows team color...

I'm in love =)

*comments off screenshots*

the map looks a little too open tbh, middle being the most.
Also a lot of those rocks aren't touching the ground =p
will have to see how it plays

Why thanks :blushing: and I'm aware of the openness of the map, but I would love some ideas on how to overcome them, and I didn't even notice those rocks :facepalm:

This looks very good, awsome for a first map!

Thanks dude! :):)

Good map. I really like this waterfall.

Thank you :)

A few concerns:

1. A resupply locker up here would be nice.

True and sorry for terrible lighting, that's the hardest part for me ::p:

2. A health + ammo pack isn't needed that close to a resupply, except for spawn campers.

Very True

3. Looks too open.

That line of sight to spawn is blocked by the truck, but it is true, that particular area is quite exposed.

4. Dangerous line of sight which could lead to spawn camping.

That doorway is actually the building before spawn and is the sniper line I was most worried about, but I was going to wait and see how it play tests.

Thanks all! :thumbup1: :wow:

Mar 23, 2010
for some reason it's reminding me of hightower and viaduct. would love to play it. :)

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
The middle is too open + the rocks looks really unnatrual there. I suggest throwing there a couple of buildings instead of the rocks...
Can't wait to see how you finish your first map!

Doppler12

Sep 10, 2009
I really enjoyed playing this map today, was pretty good. the only issue was the spawn camping, but you got that I'm sure from the chat from everyone. Keep up the good work I can't wait to see proper Stonehenge stones in this map.

tenaciousg

Jan 8, 2008
this map was fun when we were in there and it wasn't too crowded.. i think if you're going with this open mid you need to find some good routes for players to take to get around their side. just 1 heavy running around mid with a medic can be very pesky to the other team.. going to use viaduct as an example, they have a high ground to one side and one that sorta dips to the base ground-level. on your map the high point is the hill and all around is the base.. just need to take a good look and see which direction you want to go from here!