Vines

Model even more vines 1.0

n30n

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 13, 2009
Yet another vine model!

Models and textures by me. Lod included. I may add some extra skins if requested.

Last edited:

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
Looks alright, but it gets a little repetitive as you only have the one small prop.

It's also not as leafy as I'd (personally) like; leaves are too large and there aren't enough of them.

But its really nice for such a simple model.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you know what, your screenshot doesn't do the model justice at all :eek:
i would post that screenshot from Pc_Madness. he uses it in a very cool way and it doesn't look too repetitive the way he uses it !
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6104284/screenshots/artpass_attempt1/vines.jpg

cause in that bright egypt environment the vines can't shine :/
i wouldn't have believed these are the same models on these different screenshots. makes such a huge difference with the altered lighting settings.
kepperific work !

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
Yea my screenshots are pretty bad, they are mainly for size reference. Size and amount is like that because it was requested to be like that. Also they are not really designed to be spammed next to each other as in my fail srcreenshot.

Draco18s

Sep 19, 2009
Yea my screenshots are pretty bad, they are mainly for size reference. Size and amount is like that because it was requested to be like that. Also they are not really designed to be spammed next to each other as in my fail srcreenshot.

True, though it would still help to have three or four variations. While you can build a house out of 1x4 lego bricks, having some 1x2s and 1x1s really helps. :)

n30n

Jul 13, 2009
I could make few varations but more models = more textures = bigger maps etc. Draw me few shapes and ill see what i can do.

Draco18s

Sep 19, 2009
They couldn't be that large.

But I was thinking a section that doesn't branch out at all and a V shaped piece.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
don't think you'd need more textures for the variations. could be made modular kinda, i guess. i mean you have one leaf and one trunk texture so far. why change that ;)
the way i understood Draco was that you could make more model variations. like not 1 big and small, but 2-3 big and small versions, so people can spread them wisely around. that wouldn't really make the filesize any bigger.

but it's just an option. i totally understand that once you're finished with a model you don't wanna take that step back only for one person :D
it's not meant to be harsh, but we just have to look on the downloads section.
is it worth to spend another hours long session just to get 3 more downloads.... ?
i think if someone would really ask for more variations especially for his map you could jump on the wagon.
i always get this feeling. people always ask for more textures model variations but in the end they don't even download (let alone use it in their maps). so i'd leave the cool stuff as it is and let people come towards you if they should ask for more :)

i can only say it again, i think it's some nice work that if lit and placed correctly can really make the map shine !

UGLYdumpling

L3: Member
May 24, 2010
only now had a chance to check it out dude, good work!
Cuz you fully modeled the leaves, they catch shadows quite beautifully m8.

y'might wanna take a look at the download - check out the tf/models/props sub-folder.
The files are outside of the VINE folder ... no biggie - just thought I'd mention it.

keep up the great work N3on!

Last edited: