I went with a Gravel Pit theme, and it's pretty much done. I decided to finish it this month because I knew september would be really busy for me. So just letting everyone know this is an entry done in half the time, so be easy!
Feedback is appreciated. (If you don't like something, tell me why or recommend something)
First release of WIP
- Changed the catwalk in Red Base to a better texture (underside)
- Added hazard tape around the last point
- Began work on the 2 buildings near the first point (interior)
- Fixed the large dam/wall to better clip with the mountain
- Finalized Blue Spawn
- Fixed some stuff around blue spawn area
- Finished the 2 buildings near the first point both interior and exterior
- Almost done with first point
- Added a building as a train depot behind blue spawn
- Added a cool promotional poster
- Added a new picture of the first point
- Finalized the first point
- Finalized the second point
- Redid the tops of cliffs/mountains
- Added some minor detail props outside blu spawn
- Finalized the 3D skybox
- Detailed the interior of every enter-able building
- Added railing to the 3rd point
- Fixed some incorrectly rotated textures at 3rd / 2nd point
- Added caution strip around death pit at 3rd point
- Added env_soundscapes
- Began player clipping everything
- Finished No drawing faces that were not seen
- Finished most of the optimization
- Fixed some lightmap issues
- Finished player clipping everything
- Now a release candidate since I won't have more time to work on this in September
7:40 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: One last thing if you read this, raise the RED logo on the right
7:40 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: so the railing doesn't go straight into it
Erich is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
7:42 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: For the red spawn, having arrows pointing both ways seems kind of strange. People usually know that they can run out the doors, so you may be able to remove that (Up to you, nitpicking again)
7:43 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: And the vista that points at B, I would say remove the rocks on the top right side, they don't match the gray rocks that they're resting on and it's kind of an abrupt change frmo gray to brown.
Prestige is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
7:44 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: Also, I'd say smooth the overhanging rock's texture? Nitpicking perhaps
7:45 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: Also on the image pointed at the blu spawn, I'd say remove the pipe on the right side, it just looks strange on the wooden building (this is completely my opinion, and you're free to leave it)
Also, the pile of rocks/stones in the picture pointing at blu spawn is really pointy.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenTripod For This Useful Post:
I love the A to B! You were able to make the shed on the left fit in really well.
The rock walls are a smart way to create the wall thats higher than the B barn.
But story wise, why are they taking this red base? IMO cap C area needs to have some significance. How about a room full of filing cabinets and intel briefcases?
Well, in red spawn (I don't have a screenshot) there is a rather impressive conference room that you can't get into, but in the middle of the table with one spotlight shining down is blu intelligence. So perhaps they are trying to recover their intel? I didn't really think that through!