Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 PM  
absurdistof
Thunderclap is return :o

Thanks given: 388
Thanks received: 386

Default Zero G

Greetings from koth_zero_g!

Zero_g is just a little sidemap I have been working on while thunderclap hasn't been in testing, it's simply a koth map set in space. In future versions I'd like to work out a low gravity setting for the outdoors, but right now the trigger_push I was using...

Last edited by absurdistof; 12-26-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement Sponsored links

Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #60
Moose
L4: Senior Member

Thanks given: 599
Thanks received: 295

Yup, I played well and had a good time. I didn't like that new route with the fancy doors, though. They seemed like they were just crammed into the map, and you could spam at the spawndoor right next to them pretty easily.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moose For This Useful Post:

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #61
grazr
Mmm, hhhyes. indubitably.

Thanks given: 1,199
Thanks received: 3,404

demos and soldiers had it pretty easy when it came to spawn camping. Especially ontop of the enclosed ramp section that overlooks one of the spawn exits. There are alternative doors which is good but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. If it can be avoided, do so, and you can start by reducing the amount of health and ammo directly outside the spawn areas.

Overall i thought there was a little too much health and slightly less ammo than there should have been. Engi's would rather setup their gear at spawn and move up with it than try to setup anywhere else independantly. More than likely because of the ammo issue, but also that the map tended to lean towards rambo style play. This isn't entirely a bad thing, it's certainly sufficient for PUB play. Just be wary that it can lead to pub stomping when the objective takes a while to cap and only one team cooperates or some clan members team stack.

Pyros were a little UP because of all the health packs, but also the number of doorways. Demo and Soldier ambush style was a powerful tactic, the burst damage is way more effective than a DOT class that is the pyro. Infact i'd have said the only reason for the pyros was actually to counter all the demo and solly activity with the airblast more than flamethrower ambushing.

I want to say the point was hard to attack and easy to defend, personally i found it this way, but the point changed hands way more frequently than i've seen other maps like harvest which tend to be 1 switch that favours the original capture's team. I found this made the map way more exciting to play on but i wouldn't play it for multiple rounds like harvest because it's that much more intense.

Last edited by grazr; 03-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to grazr For This Useful Post:

Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #62
Godslayer57
Suddenly EXPLOSIONS!

Thanks given: 64
Thanks received: 220

I personally Think that what you think of the map depends on how you like to play. The map with a full server was absolute chaos, but thats kinda made it really fun as I personally could walk around as a spy and me knife happy.
Though the compactness of the map means chaos anyways,and you can get fall damage in low gravity

21:50 - Godslayer57 |¦FG¦|: I need.....Twelve jammy dodgers and a fez
21:51 - Okrag: Godslayer wears a stetson now
Godslayer57 llGHll: Is it true valve has a massive of secret snacks ? :3
Captain Chaos: secret? no,but massive yes

The Following User Says Thank You to Godslayer57 For This Useful Post:

Old 03-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #63
absurdistof
Thunderclap is return :o

Thanks given: 388
Thanks received: 386

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

I agree with pretty much all of you have said. I wish I could thank a post more than once :x

I think I'm going to try to find a new way to take space up with the area right outside of spawn, or at least find a way not to make that pathway intrusive. I need something in that upper area to break the space up, otherwise it turns into a slaughter for the spawning team there.

I've also messed around a bit with the health packs, so they should be less forgiving, and I'll be tweaking the koth timers down to 3:45 or 4:00.

Thanks again for the feedback guys, it really means a lot and I really appreciate it Beta time now

Comment  

Previous Release Next Release
Release Tools