Menu Screens

Jazz

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 9, 2008
You know how when you start up TF2 and you see an image something like this?
tf2_2.jpg

I was wondering if there are any BLU team versions of the menu screens, and if there aren't any, why don't we have some yet?

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
I think your thread is broken...

It seems there should be some kind of image to look at?

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
Well I don't think that it's possible to replace the menu background with another image. But if you just want a BLU version for a desktop background or something thats doable. The background images are located in "team fortress 2 materials.gcf", \tf\materials\console\.

I extracted the images and edited the colors to make a BLU version. Both the edit and the original are attached. If there is interest I could also make BLU edit of the second menu background, the Spy/Heavy/Pyro/Demo pic thats in the loading screens. The game also provides alternate widescreen versions of these files so I could edit those as well.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Pseudo Haxxors!

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
You can replace the menus like any other material. I've seen tons of replacement menus particularly for the main screen.

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
Oh, you're right! Well in that case, here's the vtf. Save it in \SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf\materials\console\background01.vtf .

I'll make a widescreen version and do the loading screens as well, then upload them to the forum.