KotH Rundown

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
An update on Rundown (Just because I know everyone is dieing to hear about it /jollysarcasm)

After releasing B1, I had Snack and Mr. Happy (Thanks guys!) look at the .vmf of rundown, and look at what I could do to optimize it, because frankly, it was not designed with optimization in mind.

They both said that optimization of the map would be hard and between the gameplay issues and the optimization issues, I'm going to call beta 2 the final update for rundown. I have 2 more maps planned (Runaway and the forthcoming pl_dropfall, a collab project with godslayer), and portal 2 mapping coming up (see P2 WiP thread), so I'm just going to let B2 be the end and call rundown "Done"

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and helped out with this map... I think its pretty damn good for being my second map (first to go to beta) :3

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Be excited (DL for map file)

The final release of Rundown. I'm not giving up on it, I'm just moving onto newer and better projects (Runaway and dropfall and possibly an even bigger project!)

So anyways, here I release to you, the public, King of the Hill - Rundown.

I adjusted some clipping (still sticky in places, but all the hidey places and major traffic area's should be good). Lighting in some areas was added. I added the Thunder Mountain soundscape. All cubemaps are built. Everything is packed this time. Etc. etc.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

-disclaimer: the optimization is still pretty meh, but will still work for most people :)-