Strata

TC Strata (version 538) b1c

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Strata

Where we're at:

Current version is a quick test for TF2M only whilst stuff is finished off so there's a few obvious problems and might be some less obvious ones. It's also a test of reduced setup times before I move it out to the public.

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
Oh come on, will you stop kissing his ass....NOW
for doing the same thing all over again "oh i'm done with tf2mappingforeverasitsucksandiwontalwayswin" you should just plain ignore his thread.
kthxbye

I'm on team orange !

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Oh come on, will you stop kissing his ass....NOW
for doing the same thing all over again "oh i'm done with tf2mappingforeverasitsucksandiwontalwayswin" you should just plain ignore his thread.
kthxbye

I'm on team orange !

FYI this thread is a joke and not to be taken seriously ;)

I have no intention of entering this contest even if I do find tf2 suddenly and unexplainably fun again, perhaps it's just the length of time I've not played it for.

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
YM's a plotting something huge!
Man the cannons! Lock the gates!
Something is gonna go down...

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
FYI, this post was a joke, too, cause everyone knows I'm not on team orange.

Apart from that, I don't believe you :p

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I can't tell if this map is dead or not.

Nice angles, though

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I have no intention of entering this contest even if I do find tf2 suddenly and unexplainably fun again, perhaps it's just the length of time I've not played it for.

Hmmmmmm? :sneaky2:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Believe me, if I had been secretly working on this since I said that, it would be a lot more complete by now. This has had only about 3 days work gone into it. When I said that it was absolutely true. Circumstances changed in the mean time and strata became the most interesting project.

As far as this contest goes, I'm just looking to make a TC map. I expect to be done around the same time as the contest deadline but that's purely coincidence.

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
As far as this contest goes, I'm just looking to make a TC map. I expect to be done around the same time as the contest deadline but that's purely coincidence.

I will laugh if you win and then say "But I never entered!"

Also, do have to admit, it was a fun impromptu. One thing that would help is more differentiation between areas so I know "Oh, it's this area".

But otherwise very good!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Just updated to a6, tiny changes to make it a more stable test build.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Upped to a7

* Minor wall adjustments removing an unintended sightline.
* Increased quantity of signs.
* Fixed a platform not appearing in a certain round.
* Added no entry sign to walls blocking not-in-play rounds.
* Increased capture point times.

Montezuma

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2010
played this a lot on the tf2maps server. Plays alright I guess, but it suffers from the things TC maps suffer from. I never feel like I actually get into good fights and the point is usually sneak capped by a luck scout. I like the look of it and I hope you get this thing working, loved to see new life breathed into this map type.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
played this a lot on the tf2maps server. Plays alright I guess, but it suffers from the things TC maps suffer from. I never feel like I actually get into good fights and the point is usually sneak capped by a luck scout. I like the look of it and I hope you get this thing working, loved to see new life breathed into this map type.

I'm working on this, Current version (a6) caps too quickly. a7 has slightly longer cap times which should prevent the ninja caps. But that also will increase stalemate potential. So if all goes well, a8 should have a dynamic system to work out which team is currently on top, and adjust the spawn timers so they have a slight advantage.

This is a round-by-round advantage so even if blu own 3 points and red only has the one, they'll be able to get the slight spawn timer advantage if they're winning the current battle.