General art thread

Moth

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2016
That's super cool Nick, Intuos tablets are great! Used mine for 3 years until is died a couple months ago. Be careful with the plug, there's a design flaw in the way the cable connects to the tablet, and if you keep it in a position where it pulls on the plug constantly, it will slowly kill the mini usb plug's small connect pins or push the plug inside the tablet making it unusable. 90% of intuos death are caused by a dead plug, that's also how mine died. The intuos is great to paint on the go if you have a laptop but always remember to unplug the cable when you put it in a bag, that's exactly what killed mine and many others :p

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I changed a couple things requested by @Muddy

mud_profile_sketch_alt.png

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
so, I decided to try my hand at digital drawing... what do you think?
Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 7.35.00 PM.png

website-01-1024x683 (1).png
If anyone knows what this is from, I will follow you...

after you have learned what it is, (without cheating, hopefully) subscribe to them... they are actually the best youtuber on the planet... hint: they're german

Last edited:

Moth

Jul 3, 2016
I did another one... I think its a lot worse than the other one though...
its just earth...

You see, it's important to value your art, and not tell anyone that you think it's bad. Even if it is actually bad, if you tell them that, they won't value it either, because you dont ;)
I mean your earth has some issue but it's not displeasing to look at, i'd say the shapes and colors are pretty relaxing. But don't post it and say "it's bad though!", I can't make up my own opinion if you do hehe. And if you don't like it well ask yourself why and do a better one :p

sorry if I sound a bit condescending, I can't find another way to say this and I see too often haha.

Moth

Jul 3, 2016
Oh and try to do your own stuff, i'm pretty hypocritical because my profile pic is mostly a study of the merch's portraits, but in general it's way more gratifying to make your own stuff (that's why I don't like that painting anymore). You'll feel like you actually created something.

And what tumbolisu said, if you're trying to copy vectors graphics why not try to learn vectors tools?

Etasus

L420: High Member
Jul 24, 2016
I know... ive been posting alot of art, but ive just had a really massive need to draw since i just got my tablet set up... so... heres another one:
Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 12.10.59 PM.png

I took my old profile picture and redid it using the tablet... my old one used photoshop...
SMALLBISCUIT!!.jpg

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
after you have learned what it is, (without cheating, hopefully) subscribe to them... they are actually the best youtuber on the planet... hint: they're german
I recognized the style of the picture before I opened the spoiler. I can't subscribe to them because I already have already been subscribed to them for quite a while.

It is pronounced Kerr-guh-zaht.

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
but then why is there a "z" before the "g" if it is silent??? it makes no sense!!!
I was going from how I remember them pronouncing it, so I could easily remember incorrectly. Maybe it is Kerr-zuh-gaht, instead. You will hear it pronounced sometimes in the videos.