KotH Lift Off

Montezuma

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2010
So this is my second try at a worthwhile map and we'll see if it's worth it! Basically a simple koth of hill map that's about taking over a hill (lol) at the foot of two rocket bases, Red and Blu must overtake the area before they can safely launch their rocket (and stop the opposing teams rocket from launching in the process).
So, pretty simple.

From a map-making perspective the biggest thing I'm worried about is the design of the actual point. It's a bit precarious with the actual area that struggles take place in being quite small and pretty open to spam by demos, snipers, and the like. Otherwise, placement of health and ammo (I already have a few I want to take out and I'm not exactly sure where to re-add them), flow of the map, sight lines, etc. any feedback is good feedback. I'll try to get this in a play day soon, after the dust has settled from the 72 hour contest.

Thanks, Montezuma.

In the next update:
  • More displacements!
  • possibly changing the ladder to a door right to the left, allowing direct access into that room
  • may move the buildings around the point back a bit, making the actual center area larger
  • changes to the point (don't know what yet)
  • other stuff!

Last edited:

clayton

L1: Registered
Jun 17, 2011
could you replace the duplicated screenshot with one showing the point please? i like the layout, from what i can see, but i can't tell from the overhead what's right in the middle. cheers.

Montezuma

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2010
could you replace the duplicated screenshot with one showing the point please? i like the layout, from what i can see, but i can't tell from the overhead what's right in the middle. cheers.
sorry about that, I was having trouble seeing which screen shots I was putting up when I made the thread. You should be able to see mid now, simplicity and all.