CTF australium_express

hydragorgon

L1: Registered
Feb 20, 2011
Australium Express - Australium Powered Super Trains!

Beneath the center of the Melbourne Megapolis is a nerve center crucial to the commerce of all the civilised world. Australia's incredible economic dominance requires an elaborate train system to transport people and goods. Reliable Excavation and Demolition has an office to coordinate its downunder shipping interests. Not be outdone, the Builders League United operates it's own subway hub to undercut their hated rivals. Such a situation was bound to snap, and one summer day things literally exploded.

The Map: ctf_australium_express

This is my first testable map, a traditional symmetrical ctf map. It's pretty small and the focus is on mayhem. There is a 21 second setup period before the round starts.

Please help me with testing this. I understand it will need work, and I'm trying to get experience by finishing a map for once. Issues include the game timer, the setup gates, the trains and optimisation. The detail level is pretty minimal too, because I anticipate making some layout changes.

hydragorgon

Thanks to

A Boojum Snark for the ABS Map Resource Pack
Spammish for his train tutorial and prefab
The Bullet Crops Pack frogs for the incredible trains
Rexy for assorted props
Seba for Construction Pack stuff
Grazr, Boojum Snark, Frozen, Ravidge and many others for problem solving advice
I know I'm forgetting some people, so please tell me

Last edited:

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
You need to submit this to a gameday. It looks fun to play.

I only think that in the second and third screenshots, the concrete texture might be a tad overused. The map may also benefit from some more signs, particularly in the aforementioned screenshots.

hydragorgon

L1: Registered
Feb 20, 2011
Man I can never get the quote system to work...

Thanks for checking out my map. I totally agree with u regarding textures Raffi. Overall I think I have a texture problem with the map, especially the concrete. I did the map in dev textures, then gradually filled it in for creative inspiration. I think I might have to modify some textures to get what I want. I also plan to put in some custom overlays too.

Thanks Frozen. I was concerned with the narrowness too. I may very well need to widen that area out. Overall alot of the gameplay is inside the bases, so it didn't seem like a big deal when I was testing it with my bro. I don't want to do too many structural changes before I get the map tested. In about a month I'll do a rebuild, but I want to get all the input I can.

hydragorgon