Tiny Boy Payload Cart

Release: May 12, 2012

Author: Alex "Rexy" Kreeger.
E-mail: Kreeger242@live.missouristate.edu

Zip contains:

*This fantastic readme file!
*6 model files (2.29 mb)
*4 texture files (4 mb)

Extract to: "SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf" directory to install.
If you decide to use the work, please find a way to credit me in some for or fashion in your release.

**YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY ANY OF THE FILES FOUND WITHIN THE ARCHIVE, OR REDISTRIBUTE.

tiny_boy_005.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2008
Holy Macaroni!

How about the collision model, could you post a side-by-side comparison to the original payload please?
it looks 25% longer, a mapper using this might want to give some more room in the curves.

anyhow, quite bombastic!

marsbar20

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2012
Amazing! If I make a payload map I will thank about using this.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
So the Dispenser part is at one side only...?

It's all entity based placement, isn't it? I'd still allow metal collection on the backside. But that's up to the author, it's handled hammer-side.

Holy Macaroni!

How about the collision model, could you post a side-by-side comparison to the original payload please?
it looks 25% longer, a mapper using this might want to give some more room in the curves.

anyhow, quite bombastic!

The collision mesh won't matter when the cart is used in prop_physics_override entity, as the model is then non-solid by means of default entity setting. It's the brush based stuff that matters. The difference in length is there, but minimal, and because you asked, here are some side by side comparisons:

tiny_boy_004.jpg

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
In terms of length the most important thing is that the wheels match so that they look right on the track. Worst case scenario is you need more track pieces on the corners/turns, but it doesn't seem too bad. I guess we'll have to wait and see someone use it in game before we can say for sure. I think i'll grab this for my BATT entry.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
It's all entity based placement, isn't it? I'd still allow metal collection on the backside. But that's up to the author, it's handled hammer-side.

I know that much, may be initially confusing to some people though. Not a big deal.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think it's more likely people won't notice the dispenser is only on one side. I remember hearing a player I thought was observant exclaim over the mic, "Wow, there's a dispenser on this! That's why you get ammo from it!"

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
You know I also hear that there's usually a bomb on the payload cart. A bomb! Who would have guessed?

Mar 23, 2010
still looks as unfun to fight around as the default cart but i suppose that wasn't the point of it and im a dumb fat idiot for not liking playing around the current bomb cart

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
record yourself texturing sometime

I'd love to see that

the whole making on this thing texturing and all was live streamed, maybe rexy has the source vid Livestream Procaster makes on your hard drive, I would also like a copy of this.