This is my take on a TF2 version of the classic UT map Facing Worlds. I made this as both a personal exercise, and to learn a bit more about Hammer mapping.
While I don't plan on doing any further work on this map, I would still appreciate any comments.
Specific changes made to the map for TF2 play -
- Added enclosed spawn rooms to minimise spawn camping
- Moved the towers closer together for faster gameplay
- Removed access to the top of the tower and lowered the sniper platform to limit the "dominance" of snipers
- Replaced teleports with ramps
- Moved the flags (intel) to behind the central pillar (to make room for the ramps)
- Added a new "underpass" path in an attempt to balance the map for all classes
Hope you have fun with this.
(Note: This is version 2, due to fixing a couple of glitches discovered on first playthrough that slipped through all my testing)
definitely looks more unreal tournament-ish than that the more popular one. too bad its not floating in space but i can see that with some work this can be made to look just as epic if you put it on a huge ass mountain peak or something
I once thought of doing Facing Worlds in strict TF2 art style.
Then I thought "why am i doing this and what is wrong with me" and stopped.
And then you did Pipeball.
You've got to give him credit for trying to modify the map design to fit TF2 gameplay while keeping it still obviously Facing Worlds, rather than just making a carbon copy of the original map. I would suggest changing the textures on the Red building to a warmer colour so that players can tell which side they are looking at better. At the moment, the only real difference between the two is the colour of the lighting inside.