Why does it do this?

NameUser

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2011
I constantly gets leaks, load the .lin, and end up with a line going straight through a brush. Sometimes straight through the skybox itself. Why? This is incredibly obnoxious and wastes loads of my time.

(The brushes in question are not func_details)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Are the brushes any kind of entity? Are you compiling with all point entities off? There is a third thing here that I was going to ask and forgot.

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
Are the brushes any kind of entity? Are you compiling with all point entities off? There is a third thing here that I was going to ask and forgot.

1. Sometimes, but it doesn't matter. It has complete disregard for solid brushes, I just dealt with a case of it going straight through the ground, which was no sort of entity.

2. No clue. Running normal BSP fast VIS and RAD.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
If you're compiling with zero entities except areaportals, it always leaks for no reason. Compile with at least some point entities in the map.

If I'm reading your post right.

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
If you're compiling with zero entities except areaportals, it always leaks for no reason. Compile with at least some point entities in the map.

If I'm reading your post right.

It's gorge. It's full of entities.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I realized in your other thread about the same issue that you wouldn't know what that is. I suggest moving all discussion to that one.

Mini Maracas

Jun 25, 2012
I'm not sure if this is the solution, but is any of the floor terrain? Terrain doesn't prevent leaks.

Also, try re-making the skybox? Happened to me once, don't know what exactly happened but I remade the skybox and it worked.
How do you make your skybox? Do you 'make hollow' a block? Or do you make 5 (or 6) seperate brushes with the skybox texture? I prefer the latter option, as it is less buggy, could try that? :)

Hope I helped. :)

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
When you fix an error by yourself, post the solution ;)

Didn't really find the solution to this. I found another leak in the map, fixed it, and this stopped. Doesn't explain why it was not telling me about the actual leak in the first place.