KotH mlj_72

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
Updated to A2:
- Simplified layout in front of spawn.
- Added some textures.

Also should I move this thread from the "Contest Entries" thread to the "Map workshop" thread, now that the 72h contest is over?

Spipper

aa
Feb 18, 2012
Updated to A3:
- Added hut.
- Fixed some sightlines.
- Added some detail to Red spawn
- Changed room under CP

Spipper

aa
Feb 18, 2012
Updated to A4:
- Enlarged the area around the point.
- Added cover and some height variation to the side areas.
- Placed the point on a hill.
- Some other minor changes.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Okay, um, it was decent enough i guess? There's a lot of dead space between the point and spawns- i'd suggest having the spawns open straight onto the yard with the rock and the bridge.

The mid area felt fairly open, and attacking into it always felt like storming the beaches at normandy: not entirely a good thing. Perhaps if the side routes were higher they would feel less like deathtraps- i certainly stopped using them the tenth time i got spammed to death in one.

Spipper

aa
Feb 18, 2012
Updated to A5:
- Added more cover in the area around the point.
- Moved the spawns closer to the CP.
- Raised the balconys at the CP.
- Added a small ramp with small healthkit, to make it easier to rocketjump over the right wall.

*Updated screenshots in OP*

Also I would really appreciate if someone could check, if the cubemaps is working properly on this version.

Spipper

aa
Feb 18, 2012
*Late gameday bump*

The major problem I'm having right now, with this map, is probably the lower area, and the flank route under the point. These areas were rarely used, and only a few players knew about the flank route's existence.

The lower route also created a lot of flanks for the enemy, which could easily sneak behind the enemy lines.

So basically, either should I remove the lower area or/and the flank under the point, make their appearance more clear to the players or something completely different. Still working on a solution.

Also, it seemed like it could be a little too hard to cap the point sometimes. Going to lower the time it takes to capture the point.