CTF Bacon

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
Got A3 ready, detailed some stuff, made displacements and some lighting.
So. Here you have a ctf map. It's my first map here and I would like feedback on how to improve it. Mostly concerned about sentry camping and sightlines.

Thanks to:
ABS, for his gametype library.
Construction pack contributors, for their models.

Last edited:
T

The Asylum

One thing I'm not a fan of is the proximity of the spawnroom to the intelligence. This gives Engineers fast access to the resupply lockers, letting them build up defenses quickly. On the plus side there's many places for classes like Soldiers and Demomen to attack them from, but still. CTF is still an unpopular game mode because many CTF maps are easily campable by Engineers.

One thing you can do is take a page out of Turbine's book and make the spawnroom a completely seperate area from the intel. Or make the spawnroom quick and easy to exit but long to get to the resupply.

colacan

Apr 14, 2012
Updated to a2, see changelog for detais. Still have the old overview screenshots, since not much has changed. See for yourself.

colacan

Apr 14, 2012
So, A3 is out, forgot to post it here. Downloadlink was updated and the ground in the centre area is now displacements. Also some texturing and some detailing on the façades of the RED and BLU bases due to lack of other ideas. :O

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
So i dont think i like this much.

The intel area is good, i think, but the spawns need to be elsewhere. Players need to spawn a long way from the thintel so capturing it doesnt require fighting through a constant stream of enemies. The spawns need o be much simpler, too. There's a reason most spawns are just single rooms, namely why complicate matters? They probably need multiple doors, too.

The middle areas are bad- they're too big, and there arent eough routes into or out of them. The whole map is also very long and narrow, with many routes being narrow.

colacan

Apr 14, 2012
I don't have much ideas for the layout, so next version won't be soon I guess. Maybe it will though. Probably going to start over again completely, because I had some grid problems in hammer too, and with the feedback, I can make a better one now.