CTF Combined Arms

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
You have a leak, as seen in the second screenshot. Fix it, then run your compile log through this to find any other problems. When that's done, put it up for a test!

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
CTF with non robots? That's a new one for me. As to the leak Seba was talking about if you go to map and click on load pointfile hammer will show you what leaks and where via a red line. I don't know how the map will end up but I have to say I am intrigued.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
That's not necessarily a leak. Maybe he intentionally textured the intel room with nodraw.

It'll be a revolution in map design.

Mar 23, 2010
i've never been more disappointed in a doom map in all my life.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Updated to a2.

Changes:
- Did not even try to fix the HUD.
- Capture zone is now parented to the tank.
- Fixed up tank explosions.
- Fixed the inclined intel problem.
- Colored flagroom pillars orange.
- Tanks do not pause now. Instead, they start slow and pick up speed at turns.
- Expanded the flagroom.

sitebender

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2012
I'm lost here... you take it from one tank and bring it to the other? The bots seem confused. They keep trying to go to spawn with the flag.

I do like the idea of a moving flag, but I feel the level needs to be longer for that to happen.

I feel like the safe room needs to be bigger. Right now it seems to be an H shaped hallway.

This is a good and creative idea, I just feel its too easy. It is very open and you can easily avoid people if not just flat out kill them, keep running and get the flag before they've even respawned. There will always be an open hallway with nothing in it that will be easy to run down.

The areas feel so big that they can't be properly covered with sentries. Spies don't feel useful because of this, and not just because of this, but because the action is so wide open and if a spy is covering 1 alternate route there is another alternate route a person could take. Snipers don't feel useful as they could. Demos don't feel useful due to lack of sentry points, but maybe its just the way I'm playing. Scouts.... pyros feel very useful. I'm gone and over everyone's head by the time they notice me. It feels more like a race than actual skill.

Perhaps this means you should seal off 1 of the 2 alternate routes at each point or tighten up the hallways of the alternate points.

You could even have 2 tanks start in the middle and go away from their spawn points instead of toward them. Then have the drop point at home base if that's possible. That way people have to go further each minute they play instead of going closer each minute they play.

After all of this is said, its still a clever idea that you should continue with.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Updated to a3.

- Did not fix the HUD.
- Made tanks a bit faster and a bit slower.
- Made the tank doorways a bit more narrow.
- Added additional spawn exit.
- Widened the spawnrooms.
- Added a siren.
- Added a few more sounds.
- Removed flagroom roof.
- Added a few props.
- Added signs on tanks.
- Closed off a path and took a picture of it.

ctf_combined_arms_a30000.jpg