MVM Juicewater

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
mvm_juicewater takes place in Manndarin, an orange juice mining facility. Manndarin, owned by Mann Co, is the world's largest supplier of orange juice in the world. If Manndarin were ever to go out of business, Mann Co. would surely go bankrupt! You must defend Manndarin and save Mann Co.

While the map certainly seems a joke at first glance, it only half is. I'm trying something something new and possibly innovative with the design of Juicewater, with paths that revolve around a circular raised finale. It hopefully will prove to be a fun map, but only time will tell.

Here's a screenshot of the last compile, which may not reflect the map in its final form:
1xXDo

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
My reaction to the story:

tumblr_m69ojlZemc1qfl6qb.jpg

Well this is gonna be a exciting MVM map. Trust me.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Someone make a sign like the ones you see in CoalTown:
"Welcome to Juicewater! The home of world's largest orange!"
This would make the map ten thousand times more epic. As if that was possible.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Here's some more screenshots.
35BC3E83969015A0D18DC7E047FAC9C7CA8309A6

spawns.png

I've also got a question: Which spawn location is better? Blue is "safer" but also has respawning players start a bit far from the hatch, which might not be good for close-call encounters. Alternatively, the red spawn is closer, but would probably disorient players and be a bit cramped.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
One thing you'll notice about most mvm spawns is that distance is less of an issue than sightlines. Most spawns try just to give you a straight shot at the hatch- because, let's face it, if you can see a bot standing still, it's pretty much dead. I'd suggest positioning it where blue is, but designing it in the mosre conventional "two facing doors" way, and raising it up a little. That also makes the powerful high ground around red harder to hold, and more powerful.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Alright, thanks! I was leaning towards blue, but I just wanted to make sure. Here's the spawn, in all its glory:
1yBAm