CP Shipment

Vwov

L1: Registered
Mar 5, 2013
My first Alpha-ready TF2 map created for a project looking into flow and strategy.

3 Point Attack/defend map similar in structure to Mountainlab.

Constructive criticism is greatly encouraged and appreciated on the structure and flow of gameplay including health and ammo placements. Visuals aren't of importance but feedback on them is welcome as i may revisit this once I'm done with studies.

Known issues
Gaps between displacements (auto sew doesn't seem to solve it)
small amounts of light leakage in areas.

Point B might be a little too open but only play testing will tell for sure.

Ice Crystal

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2013
The point layouts seem promising, but it looks like a big long choke between A and B. You'll probably have to remake the displacements following what Bloodhound said too

Mar 20, 2012
Going to concur with Bloodhound - some areas are quite chokey and cramped. It's very reminiscent of Dustbowl. Do a game day test, but I have a feeling you'll have to open up a few areas and perhaps offer better/more side-routes.

Vwov

Mar 5, 2013
Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers for the info Bloodhound. I knew the displacements worked in that way but some of mine are different sizes and must not connect as well as i thought even if they do appear to, shouldn't take much to change them to all match up next version.

I'm hoping the points between A and B aren't too chokey as mentioned, there are a few alternate paths in those buildings if need be i can add more, feedback i received before uploading to here on an earlier version was that i had too many side passages so i cut down and repositioned stuff.

I'll try to get it on a gameday so i can see how it plays, but at the end of the day the feedback and process of this development will make for a great report so thanks :)

goatcheese3

Dec 30, 2012
I got lost on the way to A the first time I was defending. I think you should put some more signs in. Also, the big blue wall on the way to A was a bit confusing for me: you get to a BLU wall, and then you get past it to get to the RED point.

Last edited: