ahh hammer is fixed

Brewskii187

L1: Registered
May 16, 2013
per Fletcher at Valve

There’s no need to opt into the sdk beta branch anymore. The tools are just shipping with the game. Opt out of all betas, sync the latest, and run the hammer.bat.

Toxindude

L3: Member
Aug 2, 2012
So the compiler will work properly now and no back and forth between engines.

I HOPE !!!

Toxindude

Aug 2, 2012
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
2XMCh.jpg

static2601

L2: Junior Member
Nov 4, 2010
I cant get it working, tried everything I can think of. Ive had it working for a while, then a tf2 update broke it again. Getting tired of this.

Brewskii187

May 16, 2013
Your using the hammer in your common/team fortress 2/bin/ directory? You also need to set your vproject environment variable

right click my computer > properties > advanced >*environment*variables Set it to the new hammer directory

Toxindude

Aug 2, 2012
So we still run off the hammer.bat ? and just change everything back in the game config to user instead of common?

static2601

Nov 4, 2010
Your using the hammer in your common/team fortress 2/bin/ directory? You also need to set your vproject environment variable

right click my computer > properties > advanced >*environment*variables Set it to the new hammer directory

I have always opened hammer through the tools> source sdk launcher. I tryed opening it in common\team fortress 2\bin\hammer.bat and everything works. Do I still have to change the vproject enviroment variable?

Brewskii187

May 16, 2013
I don't get any errors on hammer's startup, or compiles. But I still see pink/black models in 2d views. So, it works, I guess.

Yea, the models are still borked, but at least u can still use hammer normally.

I have always opened hammer through the tools> source sdk launcher. I tryed opening it in common\team fortress 2\bin\hammer.bat and everything works. Do I still have to change the vproject enviroment variable?

It wouldn't hurt since you will not be using the one currently set (but I don't know if it's required)

duppy

Feb 16, 2012
When he says "sync the latest", does that mean to "verify integrity of game cache" in the TF2 properties window?

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
When he says "sync the latest", does that mean to "verify integrity of game cache" in the TF2 properties window?

Exactly that.

And yes, my hammer works now but why don't they update the Source SDK launcher and rest of the stuff? Is there plans to renew the whole sdk content as they hinted before?

KineSquared

Sep 30, 2012
Simple question:
I have uninstalled the SDK completely, but when I tried to install and run it earlier today, there was an error upon opening hammer (Configuration Information is missing).
That is all I have done. What more do I need to do?

Brewskii187

May 16, 2013
if you run it through the .bat, Booj's prefabs are gone. Is there a way around this?

make sure you move your prefabs from E:\Steam\steamapps\YOURNAME\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\prefabs

to Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\Prefabs

Or, he just updated the resource pack today, im sure the new version will do this for you.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Wait, so what's actually going on here? Did they release a fix for people who don't feel like opting into the "beta" that redownloads all the old GCFs, or did they just fix something that was broken for people who did?