Not open for further replies.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
72hr_winter_classic_banner.png

72HR UPLOAD THREAD
Rules and Regulations | Upload Thread
You will submit your 72hr entries HERE IN THIS THREAD.

Please! (Please, please please) review the rules at the Discussion Thread before you submit to make sure you aren't breaking any rules! Submission guidelines will be as followed:

• Your map MUST follow the naming convention <gamemode>_<forumname/commonname>_72. If you have entered a contest before, please add _X at the end, where X is the number of 72hr's you have entered before (For example, I would submit cp_frozen_72_4, since it's my 4th contest).
  • Your submission post MUST include a screenshot!
  • Your submission post MUST include a small description as to how it fits with the theme!

For the file name, if you have submitted a map for a play test with the naming convention above, and then you made changes to it, please tell me! I will need to have it removed from the servers so it can be properly uploaded. But, by having it already play tested with that name, you have made it so that whoever is testing your new version will get a missing map error, this could hurt your scores!

For the small description, as I said over in the original thread, do your best. When you judge other maps, keep the theme in mind, but you don't have to weigh it as heavily. I will ask you to consider the theme when you're judging.

You have until Monday at 4PM EST (See timer at the top of the site) to submit. You can submit maps NOW and make changes to your post, but when that timer rolls down the thread will be closed and any changes made to your post after time is up will result in a DQ. (I put that last bit in, just incase I can't get it closed right at 4PM).

Best of luck!

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
bz2 dl: http://xzzy.org/files/games/tf2/xzzy_72/cp_xzzy_72.bsp.bz2
zip dl: http://xzzy.org/files/games/tf2/xzzy_72/cp_xzzy_72.zip

glam shot:

BAAA756907A3D6D85FD0D64E3D2CBA35563F372F

overhead: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/468673392444961949/D2902F50857C285E4378B163C95AD03BECB5A7BB/

Theme: The preparation area is the most upward part of the map. Also, it uses pl_upward's theme. :O

Main goals of the map were to make an extremely small 5cp map with doors that open as your team captures points. I wasn't able to get any live play testing done so it could be a complete disaster. But I think there's a fun idea in there somewhere.

It seriously needs more routes, but I ran out of time to dig out new paths.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Download
(backup incase my server craps again)

Screenshot:
pl_crash_72_2_1.jpg

Bonus screenshot

Theme:

Blu team has been preparing for months to get the drop on Red team, secretly positioning their massive sheet metal submarine and their forward submersible vehicle just outside of Red's compound. Also Blu's forward spawn rises up and breaks through the ice on capture of the second point.

I've put 46 hours of mapping time into this, and I'm going to sleep now.

Edit at 40 minutes before contest ends because in my sleepy state I bz2'd my zip. Ifyaknowhatimean.

Last edited:

squintik

L2: Junior Member
Sep 9, 2009
Name: cp_squintik_72 (thread)
Download: bz2 - zip
Theme:
Each round lasts 8 minutes but the CP (there's only one) is unlocked only 2 minutes before the end of the round, so teams needs to be well prepared for the last 2 minutes when BLU can finally try to capture the CP.

Screenshot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/owxtrc6ffsbyxme/dm_egan_72.bsp.bz2
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7x9J3Wz.jpg

7x9J3Wz.jpg

Theme: As the presence of the RED mercenaries rose in the city, so too did the presence of toxic waste mutants. When the match starts a random RED mercenary is turned into a BLU mutant and is given superpowers (the number of mutants go up depending on the number of REDs at the start of the match, 15 RED : 2 BLU, 20:3, 25:4, 30:5). RED gets one minute to set up defenses for the onslaught of the BLU mutants, and has to defend their four control points designating toxic waste dumps in the area: The Upper Gates, The Shop Strip, The Lower Gate, and The Train Tracks. If the mutants capture every point in the area then there's no stopping them from spreading beyond the city..

kaptan_kul

L1: Registered
May 27, 2010
Download: bsp
bz2

5C73FAAC0632B131EF82FF090CABD99AEC3757EB

Theme: there is some prep time for red to set up for the siege. Blues goal is to overload the boiler in red base by adding more fuel to the boiler. (Raise the time to 5:00) While red is trying to run down the clock(0:00).

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
There is no way in hell i'll be done with my map at this pace.

I must publicly withdraw from the contest.

Accepted if that is what you need.

Reminder, keep upload thread to just uploading and/or saying "I can't enter even though I was close to it"

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Last edited:

Vaconcovat

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2012
cp_vacon_72_2

Download: Here
Screenshot: Here

204F89248E973427B07D9B1E7F1A660898A07318

I took the prep UP, men! from the theme, incorporating vertical gameplay into a koth map. Also, the contorl point has to move UP into the map before it can be capped

Sep 7, 2012
I was put off mapping in the middle of Sunday because of personal issues (which have since been resolved, thankfully). Since my idea wasn't much good anyway and I lost my motivation I decided to give UP.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.