CCP_Multitask

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
CP_Multitask

A Capture & Control map.

Each team starts with one locked base control point to their own, and must capture two un-owned points to unlock the enemies base control point.

Think Gravel Pit but Blu have a base aswell.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
It's basically 5cp, but without a mid. Other maps of this variety were just called CP, so I'd go with that.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I see quite a lot of dark spots in the screenshots, make sure you light up the gameplay areas well. Also the ground in the first screenshot has a broken normalmap, use another material.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
'Think Gravel Pit but Blu have a base aswell.'

Right. That's what I actually meant, but I wasn't very clear about it. Either way, it's been done before under "cp"

cp_astro

I know there's at least one more map like it, but I spent about an hour searching to no avail. You'll just have to take my word for it. :p

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
cp_grinder is the classic example.

As for this map, and feedback. I've not loaded it, but judging from the screenshots it could use some work. My first recommendation would be to look over the lighting and environment settings. Just copy paste from an official map to get a starting point, it looks like you have no fog, no shadowcontrol, no tonemap, no sun, and the light_environment settings look dull.

The right environment settings goes a long way to make your map feel more alive. Try the arena_lumberyard settings, or tc_hydro.

Last edited:

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
CP_Multitask_A2 Released!!
- Changed gamemode name
- Fixed Respawn Times (I'm really sorry about that)
- Labelled Control Points A & B in the HUD
- Added proper lighting
- Added more arrows
- Slight details added at the indoor section of Capture A