HMK-3

L2: Junior Member
Jul 18, 2014
ctf_routegs_b1

LAST UPDATE 17/09/2014
Beta 1.0
Improved everything

Hi, Im HMK-3

This is an Beta of my first map (Pokemon GSC Themed)
I'm learning to use Hammer in the process, so before making a real (serious) map, i'm doing something fun (to me)

Please i REALY need Feedback, i wanna know bad parts of the map, glitches, suggestions, balance issues, etc

Thanks for being an awesome community

(And sorry for my awful English :p)

*Things to do:
- Add Cubemaps
- Fix the trees
- Make Custom Water
- Make Skybox
- Finish Landscape
- Add Sounds

Last edited:

Gnarly_Charlie

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2014
This looks great! Well done HMK! (Sorry if this can't convey my true feelings for this map, it's the internet after all. I personally like these types of maps.)

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
This looks great! Well done HMK! (Sorry if this can't convey my true feelings for this map, it's the internet after all. I personally like these types of maps.)

I know this is not the kind of maps that TF2MAPS promotes, but the only way to learn how to use hammer, its doing something that i like.

this project was originally meant for Doom, and ported to source, because
1. it would attract more players.
2. the doom engine its too limited with the geometry

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Something that's worth mentioning is that maps without lighting are likely to get skipped over by (competent) server owners. The issue is that a map without lighting will set mat_fullbright to 1, meaning that lightmaps get turned off and every texture displays fully bright. mat_fullbright can't get set back to 0 without sv_cheats 1, and so every map loaded after a fullbright map will also show as fullbright. For this very reason, we actually don't allow fullbright maps to be tested in our gamedays, so you should definitely get around to compiling lighting.

If you like the way the map looks, you can force materials to be fullbright by editing their .vmt files so they use the UnlitGeneric shader instead of LightmappedGeneric. Then, any lights you add won't actually effect the map geometry.

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
Something that's worth mentioning is that maps without lighting are likely to get skipped over by (competent) server owners. The issue is that a map without lighting will set mat_fullbright to 1, meaning that lightmaps get turned off and every texture displays fully bright. mat_fullbright can't get set back to 0 without sv_cheats 1, and so every map loaded after a fullbright map will also show as fullbright. For this very reason, we actually don't allow fullbright maps to be tested in our gamedays, so you should definitely get around to compiling lighting.

If you like the way the map looks, you can force materials to be fullbright by editing their .vmt files so they use the UnlitGeneric shader instead of LightmappedGeneric. Then, any lights you add won't actually effect the map geometry.

I noticed that when testing, thanks, the next alpha will include them :3

ok comp

Mar 16, 2011
I completely understand the idea of learning something through passion and I gotta admit this is such a cool and so far visually well executed "fun" map concept (I haven't played Pokemon since probably Gold came out 14(?) years ago so seeing this brought back some memories). Can't wait to try it out later!

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
I completely understand the idea of learning something through passion and I gotta admit this is such a cool and so far visually well executed "fun" map concept (I haven't played Pokemon since probably Gold came out 14(?) years ago so seeing this brought back some memories). Can't wait to try it out later!

The map is updated now.

Last edited:

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
The routes to and from the intelligence look like they might be a bit too long. I've yet to play on this map though, so that could just be me.

Otherwise, I'm liking it so far~

Please give a try. i have problems to find space in the gamedays for the feedback :v

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
I think it would be really neat if every time the intel was captured, everyone would be teleported to a room that looked like a pokemon duel thing(like with two circular platforms), just like how you get teleported and forced to dance in Ghost Fort sometimes. Then whoever escapes gets uber or crits or something.

HMK-3

Jul 18, 2014
I think it would be really neat if every time the intel was captured, everyone would be teleported to a room that looked like a pokemon duel thing(like with two circular platforms), just like how you get teleported and forced to dance in Ghost Fort sometimes. Then whoever escapes gets uber or crits or something.

MMM that is interesting...:p