Net_graph question

Arokhantos

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2014
Is this bad ?

e6iOGD9.png

am i using to many entities ?

I basically have a ton of path tracks and moving objects on my map.

Arokhantos

Jul 14, 2014
Is path_track to taxing or is it tank_train it self thats taxing and is there alternative thats less taxing ?

Arokhantos

Jul 14, 2014
Would it help to reduce the amount of path tracks per tank train down to 2 instead of 3 ?

Or should i start looking into tie'ng more objects to one single path track also ?

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
You should stop using trains for wholesale animation. One or two is okay, animating an entire map is definitely not okay.

Everything you're doing there can be done with animated props and/or animated textures and would save a ton of CPU and network resources.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Propper can only export to Source models, and it hasn't worked in like three years.

Are you a student and/or unemployed? See if you can get ahold of the student edition of 3DS Max. It's way easier to use than Blender, and you can use a set of tools called Wall Worm to import stuff you made in Hammer and export as Source models once you've added the animations.

Arokhantos

Jul 14, 2014
I decided to link multipli boxes to one tank train instead which helps great deal, but how i make tank train orientate properly everything is tilted 90c before i just did select any object ctrl+m then 90 in y, is there another way ?