CP Refinery

ades

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 27, 2014
cp_Refinery is a Attack Defend map that i started ideas for early back as April ive made many versions that i stopped and restarted countless times it has changed looks and game mode many times so after 5 months of planning and mapping i finally got an idea that i stuck with so i present cp_Refinery A1

this is my first completed map its different than a regular attack defend map when A is captured it unlocks B and C. once B and C are captured it unlocks D the final point.

Like i said this is my first map and im not experienced with class balance and that stuff so feed back is highly appreciated

-ades_254

NOTICE: Screenshots have not been updated in a very long time

Last edited:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
The name refinery has been taken. Like, 182 times over. In my opinion, you should change the name to cp_dirtmound

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
My feedback from just the screenshots is that it looks very flat around the points, and flat maps generally make for slightly boring gameplay. I suggest you add more height variation, and maybe add a few rocks or crates in some of the more open areas.

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
MY EYES. THEY BURN. Too much HDR.

Also, change the ground texture to blend texture, you can start to see where the texture starts to repeat itself, plus it would be a lot more interesting with it.

Last edited:

ades

Jun 27, 2014
Sasha, i fixed the HDR and started to do the displacements i just dident update the pics

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
You don't seem to respond in the chat, so I will say it here.
It seems like you are turning whole brushes into displacements. This will create strange shadows. Make sure to only select the face that you want to be a displacement.
Also, displacements are kinda useless if you are not modifing it in any way. (Paint Geometry, Paint Alpha, Noise, Sculpt, etc.)